News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

"Iron Game Chef" Lives!

Started by Mike Holmes, October 09, 2002, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt Freitag

"Meanwhile, Walt-Freitag-San appears to be struggling to adapt his LARP technique to the Kitchen Stadium format. He's started to write the first character sheet -- let's take a look:

You are Arthur "Art" Africa, court numerologist...

And it looks like he's already run out of keywords! He's stopped his work, and now he's just stomping around yelling at his assistants. This appears to be a serious setback; his chances don't look very good right now."
Wandering in the diasporosphere

Kuma

... takes a bite of his pepper, and smirks.

Ah, to have the winds of prosperity blow on my rain-streaked face!

In the interest of fairness, I will only watch these proceedings!

Hoi!

lumpley

If memory serves me right, I don't even have room on my plate for this.  

Alas, I am dumb.

Tentative title: Toward One.  I've got all four theme ingredients too, and a bad case of "hey! that looks like Sorcerer!"

-Vincent

Mike Holmes

QuoteAnd it looks like he's already run out of keywords! He's stopped his work, and now he's just stomping around yelling at his assistants. This appears to be a serious setback; his chances don't look very good right now."

Indeed Tanaka San, that is most unfortunate for the seasoned veteran! But his knowlege of Gaming Goodness is deep. Perhaps he will be able ro rally and prepare for us a dish from the Olde School!

Chairman Kuma from the RPG.net league! You honor us with your presence. Perhaps you will deign to comment on the challengers' dishes as they are prepared? Come take your rightrful place at the Chairman's table!

It is still in the early running, but do you have a favorite at this point Kuma-San?
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Kuma

Quote from: Mike Holmes
It is still in the early running, but do you have a favorite at this point Kuma-San?
Walton-san seem to be doing well, but will the extra time Photoshopping be too much?  

Quote from: Weird Old Astrologer LadyYes, that seems too rich to me!

Mmm. Sometimes simple is better, but it seems as though he's reaching for a delicate fusion of the EU and Africa ... this could be interesting!  his use of BlackAdder ITC is certainly intriguing!

Quote from: Random ActressIt's like a party for my bosom!

talysman

Quote from: Jonathan WaltonAh, yes!  The first appetizers are flying out of the woks!  What does this imply about the even more savory creations on the way?  Who knows?!

fine logo, there, jonathan, but two can play at that game!

oh no! I was so busy baking that image at 400 degrees, I did not notice that my excellent combat system does not yet have physical combat rules! now I need to add a damage system!

(scurries away to stir the mushroom sauce)
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

contracycle

Ahem, seems to be a lot of momentum happening here.  Alas, it doesn;t look as if I'll have the time, so I am stumbling at the first hurdle.
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Jonathan Walton

Quote from: talysmanfine logo, there, jonathan, but two can play at that game!

GASP!  Talysman Shifu, your tic-tac-toe-esque logo is very rampant and brilliant!  However, your kung fu alone will not be enough to defeat me, for there are 36 chambers of Shaolin death cookery!

DRUNKEN BRONZE MONK STIRFRY TECHNIQUE!  AHHHHHHH!!!!

(We apologize for the translation.)

Later.
Jonathan

Mike Holmes

Quote from: contracycleAhem, seems to be a lot of momentum happening here.  Alas, it doesn;t look as if I'll have the time, so I am stumbling at the first hurdle.

QuoteTanaka San: Oh, no! It looks like Gareth-San's Gaming Souffle has fallen. He may be out of the competition! Still, we'll not count him out until the bell rings in Iron Game Chef Stadium.

Hmmmm.

Excellent point Chairman Kuma. While photoshopping your gaming dishes does make for excellent presentation, they are no guarantee of their quality. The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding!

And, yes, we wonder at what would seem to be the likely fusion of genres that he seems to be cooking with. Can he make it all work together? We shall see!

QuoteBimbo du Jour: that appetizer that Talysman posted looks like it would just do a dance on my tongue!

Indeed! But does he seems to be having trouble with the combat dish. Or perhaps this is just a subtle indication to us of how different this dish will be. If he can't get his damage sauce right, that whole part of the meal might be ruined. Such old school sauces are tricky. It may take all his skill to get that part right!

Le Joueur

Quote from: Mike HolmesThe proof, as they say, will be in the pudding!
Actually, the proof of the pudding (what they really say) is in the eating!

Fang Langford

p. s. And I think that may hold true here as well.  I see a lot of hype, but I don't smell any sauces.
Fang Langford is the creator of Scattershot presents: Universe 6 - The World of the Modern Fantastic.  Please stop by and help!

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Le Joueur
Actually, the proof of the pudding (what they really say) is in the eating!

Sorry, what did you say? Our translators know neither French nor Latin.

--The chairman looks out over the Stadium for signs of what's being cooked up. Excitement fills the air.--

lumpley

I've written out my menu.

My penmanship's not as nice as many y'all's with all those fandangly logos, though.  

In the words of the great, wise Chen Kinichi:
QuoteI'm having fun! Quality? I don't know! We'll see!

-Vincent

Mike Holmes

Ah-so! Vincent-San has revealed his complete menu first! A bold challenge to his opponents! The menu sounds tantalizing! The only question: will the dishes be well prepared. We shall see!

Valamir

Quote from: Emeril Lagasse
BAM!! I declare Vincent the immediate winner of this cooking contest for spontaneous gratuitous reference to me...Emeril Lagossi...the greatest chef of all time.  Here Vince, add a little Essence to your game...cause I don't know where you get your games, but where I get mine they don't come seasoned.  BAM!!

lumpley