News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Minor Problem

Started by Kester Pelagius, October 10, 2002, 07:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kester Pelagius

Greetings,

I have run into a minor snag with what I have been working on.  The long and the short of it is this:  I have written up everyting for "Revenge of the Crypt Fiend" in one format and want to convert it to another, namely PDF, so I can get the rules to anyone interesting in playtesting.

What's the problem?

Apparently what I chose to do the work in.  Microsoft Works lil darling of a Word Processor.  (Yeah, yeah.  Yuk it up.)  I can easily convert to most file types, save of course PDF, but I also lose all image formatting that isn't "inline" with the text when I do so.

So my question is two fold.

1)  Is there any way around this?

2)  Assuming there isn't and I have to go with a total re-edit, what quick and easy programs would you suggest for creating PDFs?

I really don't want to run out and spend major wampum for this, though I suppose eventually I will have to.  So if you could suggest an immediate freebie type solution and a decent commercial program for the task it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kester Pelagius
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri

Ron Edwards

Hi Kester,

There are a lot of threads in the Publishing forum about this, so skip around there from the very beginning of the forum's existence. If anyone wants to suggest specific threads, please do.

Best,
Ron

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Ron EdwardsHi Kester,

There are a lot of threads in the Publishing forum about this, so skip around there from the very beginning of the forum's existence. If anyone wants to suggest specific threads, please do.

Best,
Ron

Thanks for the heads up.

Heading that way now.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri