News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Donjon Starting Equipment

Started by bts, September 27, 2002, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bts

I've looked through the rules a few times, and I don't see how a character is supposed to select his starting equipment.  Do you start with none, and go shopping straight off?  Do you pick any item, weapon, and widget you want?  Is there a cap on the worth of these freebie items?
--
bts

Clinton R. Nixon

You go shopping in the first town you're in.

That said, I've always started my groups out with a little equipment. A good guideline is 4 total Worth of beginning items.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

bts

<p>I ran "Fungus" Friday night for half a dozen players; I'll write up my reactions in more detail later, but want to comment on the "starting equipment" thread:</p>
<p>The Sneak-Thief had taken a skill "Stabbity Knife", and claimed it violated thiefly ethics to buy a knife.  She tried to steal one, so I claimed the shopkeepers were 5th level and had the primary skill "Run a Store," leading to dismal failure and her being banned from the shop.  Similar encounters caused the party to spend two and a half hours romping around town, pissing off the other adventurers, trying to rob stores, and eventually causing the Mayor to intercede, begging them to get out of his town and stop wrecking things.</p>
<p>I think if I were to run Donjon again (and we enjoyed it enough that I probably will), I'll give ten points to distribute between Wealth, Provisions, and worth of starting equipment.</p>
--
bts

ejh

I would have assumed that you also get your "permanent possessions" for level 1 -- one weapon, one piece of armor, and one other good -- right?

Plus anything you buy in the town?