News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Support Issues

Started by Valamir, October 21, 2002, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

Just wanted to announce that my home PC has officially died in a most heinous and unrecoverable way.  Spent a week with several different tech friends of mine and it is pretty much unrecoverable.  We did manage to get the thing functioning just enough to allow me to snag the files I needed that changed from my last back up (think 5 hours to copy a single 10 page word document and you'll have some idea of the level of damage).

The most likely culprit for this was a lightning strike back in June that blew out my speakers and killed the surge protector.  Apparently it also put my motherboard and hard drive into a death spiral.

At any rate, I won't have my new system (although it will be totally sweet) probably until early to mid November.

What this means for Universalis:

I won't have access to this forum except from work.

There won't be any updates to the website until my new system is up and running and all my programs reinstalled.

I have jury rigged a system that will let me process Universalis orders.  I hope to give that a try tonight.  If you've ordered a copy anytime since 10/9, it hasn't been filled yet (my system died on the 10th).  With any luck I'll be able to get what I need and get those in the mail tomorrow.

It could be worse.  Barring some strange corruption to my back up files, I won't have lost any data at all (not even the all important Medieval Total War save game file).

Valamir

Just to let everyone know.  I am now up and running on a sweet new rig, so everything should be back to normal.  

If you've ordered a copy of the game and think it should have arrived by now and haven't seen it, drop me a line and I'll get right on it.