News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New Game in the works: "Thirst"

Started by Jake Norwood, October 15, 2002, 02:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Just a heads up but us folks down here at Driftwood have been tinkering with a Vampire game that's tentatively called "Thirst." It won't be too large and we'll probably release it as a PDF. It's really just a hobby project, and obviously Of Beasts and Men and TFOB have precedence in the "real world," but we've got some killer mechanics for it and we're pretty excited, so I thought I'd tell y'all.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Sounds awesome! Definitely interested.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Lyrax

Jake... you need to show that to me sometime soon.
Lance Meibos
Insanity takes it's toll.  Please have exact change ready.

Get him quick!  He's still got 42 hit points left!

Jake Norwood

Quote from: LyraxJake... you need to show that to me sometime soon.

Later, chief.

The game has definite Riddle influence, including a specialized take on SAs. It's got more streamlined mechanics, a really nifty twist on "rolling successes," and several other elements that have us pretty excited.

I'll probably give you more info later. Right now it's just a system, not a setting (I prefer things that way, I think), but there are guidelines on a campaign style that we'll be playtesting soon--maybe even tomorrow.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake Norwood
Quote from: LyraxJake... you need to show that to me sometime soon.

Later, chief.

The game has definite Riddle influence, including a specialized take on SAs. It's got more streamlined mechanics, a really nifty twist on "rolling successes," and several other elements that have us pretty excited.

I'll probably give you more info later. Right now it's just a system, not a setting (I prefer things that way, I think), but there are guidelines on a campaign style that we'll be playtesting soon--maybe even tomorrow.

Jake

Playtesting...oh you meant in house... :(

Jake Norwood

Quote from: Shadeling

Yeah, one thing we DO do at Driftwood is playtest our stuff ourselves. Not that some of you won't get a chance, but we are gamers over here.

Jake

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake Norwood
Quote from: Shadeling

Yeah, one thing we DO do at Driftwood is playtest our stuff ourselves. Not that some of you won't get a chance, but we are gamers over here.

Jake

Of course. Well I do look forward to it.

Jake Norwood

We played for the first time tonight. Some elements of the game are really nice, and others need work. The game is largely about making "hard" decisions. We've partially borrowed the Pendragon traits (in form, not details) to showcase this, and so far it's working nicely. The "feeding" process has proven to posess a few hidden in-play bonuses, and we're feeling that it's only going to improve.

There is a general issue that I'm going to bring up in the Game Design forum, though, and if you'd like to join in, I invite you.

Jake