News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS finds its way to backwards crap end of planet!!

Started by Brian Leybourne, October 31, 2002, 06:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnarf

TROS has also hit the shelves in Denmark (north of Germany for those of you who don't know :-)), although as far as I know only one bookstore carries it yet.
Anders Frang
gnarf@post.tele.dk

Vanguard

Talking about Planets.

I do the ordering for RPGs at Forbidden Planet, New Oxford Street, London.

I've been stocking the game since release, and so far it has sold over ten copies.  Not much I know, but it's hard to convert the Hackmaster (tm) masses. Still, I'm happy with that.

Should anyone be unable to get hold of a copy, the shop does Mail-order, and ships worldwide. I know, shameless plugging of my shop, but I'd love TROS to do well.

So yeah, can't find a copy then call 0207 836 4179, and order one. Sorted.

Take care.

ps. Sorry if I've been a little quiet lately (should anyone have noticed) but I've recently moved house and have only just got back online (broadband this time - no more crappy dialup... ah the bliss)
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger - or a cripple.

Jake Norwood

Yeah, one of the big strengths that TROS has is its retailer fanbase. And 10 copies is great for a game from a publisher our size!

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Lance D. Allen

I went in to Imperial Outpost Games last night, and was slightly perplexed not to see TRoS on the shelves anymore. But when I asked Darren about it, he told me that they'd sold the last copy they'd had on the shelves that day, but they'd have more in today.

I also gave him the tentative information on when OBaM is supposed to be out, and arranged to maybe start up a TRoS game in the next week or so.

Just something I thought Jake would like to know.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Mask-of-Winters

Irmo

Quote from: Jake NorwoodYeah, one of the big strengths that TROS has is its retailer fanbase. And 10 copies is great for a game from a publisher our size!

Jake

Speaking about that, how are sales going? And, not expecting you to go into details, but how's the overall economic situation for Driftwood, as far as revenue vs. production costs are concerned? I'm just a curious person ;)

Jake Norwood

No secrets, really. All new companies spend a lot more than they make in the first year, and we're no exception. TROS is doing well and we're expecting pretty decent profits, but we're not there yet.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodNo secrets, really. All new companies spend a lot more than they make in the first year, and we're no exception. TROS is doing well and we're expecting pretty decent profits, but we're not there yet.

Jake

I'm quite confident that OBAM will bring in millions... ;-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Brian Leybourne

Just FYI

My LGS sold out of TROS already and is expecting a second shipment this week...

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion