News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Krym-Khanan Sabres...Cut/Thrust, or Sword/Shield?

Started by Shadeling, November 06, 2002, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

I mean it lists it under each proficiency, I was just curious for them though?

Side note, the long-curved Daggers that Krymeans use...would they just be a Rondel variation?
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Irmo

Quote from: ShadelingI mean it lists it under each proficiency, I was just curious for them though?

Side note, the long-curved Daggers that Krymeans use...would they just be a Rondel variation?

I'd consider sword and shield as the more likely parallel, since such sabres don't exactly suggest use in the thrust. As for the daggers, they are actually quite tricky, since the curvature also suggest they are used for slicing rather than stabbing....Jake?

Shadeling

Bob Richter

Quote from: ShadelingI mean it lists it under each proficiency, I was just curious for them though?

Actually, they're both.

If you're using it with a shield in your off-hand, it's sword and shield.

If you're using it with a dagger, buckler, arming glove, etc. in your off-hand, it's cut & thrust.

I'd say probably a Rondel variation.
So ye wanna go earnin' yer keep with yer sword, and ye think that it can't be too hard...

Jake Norwood

I would take whatever makes the most sense for what you're doing. In Krym Khanan, sword and shield makes the most sense to me. In Sarmatov, though, C&T does.

As for the curved daggers...use the dagger proficiency. As for stats...I'm not sure. Never really thought about it. Niether rondell or poniard stats will do, though. A kindjal (that's what that knife is called) would need its own stats for sure.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Any idea for stats for the knife then? Maybe damage slightly better, but DTN worse?

Jake Norwood

Off the top of my head, DTN like a rondell, better cut than a poniard, worst thrust than either...

But all of that should be a narrow margin, because I knife is still a knife. Maybe applying saber-like mods to it for armors would be appropriate as well.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Something like:

Cut 7, Thrust 9, DTN 9 Damage Cut ST-2 (ST-3 soft armors, ST-4 metal)

Lyrax

The damage should be at least ST-1, maybe even ST.  It's a cutting dagger, for crying out loud!
Lance Meibos
Insanity takes it's toll.  Please have exact change ready.

Get him quick!  He's still got 42 hit points left!

Shadeling