News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Web Design/Development Journal

Started by Clay, October 18, 2002, 10:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

It's something that I've been tossing around in my head for over a year now, and I finally started to put the components together.  I have started an online journal about web development and web related business issues.  I have called it Lazarus Notes.   I'm posting this here because the readers of this board are the single largest audience I know of that has a need for web development information, as well as some considerable experience in the area.

I'd like to know what issues you would like to see discussed in such a journal. I'm looking at articles about the business side of things, technical issues, and evaluations of web sites that I think work well.  If you have an idea, drop me a line via private mail, or post a comment on the site.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Matt Machell

Hey Clay,

if you're interested in writing about Web Development/Design, you could do worse than wander over to my employers at glasshaus. We're always looking for Technical Reviewers with a firm grasp of web development issues for our books.

As to what to write for your journal, I'd suggest an article that needs writing is Information Architecture for RPG web sites. Too many RPG company sites are, frankly, appallingly difficult to navigate around.

Matt Machell

Clay

The requested article, "Building Effective Menus,"  is available at http://www.lazarusid.com/notes.  

Comments, questions, criticism and suggestions for new articles are welcome.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management