News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gettin' roasted at the Gaming Guardians (cool!)

Started by Ron Edwards, October 28, 2002, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Graveyard Greg and the Webtroll have come 'round to what they threatened back in Origins '01, to have "the sorcerer" appear in The Gaming Guardians comic strip ... quick guess, my friends, as to what his three little demon buddies will be named?

The story starts here, as Memento-Mori dupes the poor hero into participating in a scary ritual, and "my" appearance is here.

I love a good satire - I'm looking forward to this.

Best,
Ron

greyorm

I object!
Memento-Mori looks nothing like Jared!

;)
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Jared A. Sorensen

I dunno what's up with that dragon face thing, man...
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Valamir

Heh...I would have been more impressed if they'd incorporated an actual momento-mori somehow.  Not that anyone would have gotten it I guess.

Ron Edwards

You philistines,

"Neh neh-neh neh," you say, "Isn't really like this, isn't really like that." Like anyone cares! It's funny.

Unfortunately, the Sorcerer apparently isn't going to be featured in the storyline for a while; Greg's doing the Claremont thing where a character has an origin ("ooh, God, uh uh, I'm ...")* and then gets shelved for a while.

Best,
Ron

* Sorry.

Paul Czege

I object!
Memento-Mori looks nothing like Jared!

The Sorcerer doesn't look like Ron. Scarlet Jester doesn't look like Scarlet Jester.¹ I have the distinct impression that the only reference photos Greg provides the artists are pictures of himself. Why is it there are so many characters that look like Greg!?!

Paul

¹ I've never actually seen a photo of Scarlet Jester, but I'd bet my girlfriend he doesn't look like that. I'm fairly sure it's not anatomically possible to have so many teeth.
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Valamir

¹ I've never actually seen a photo of Scarlet Jester, but I'd bet my girlfriend he doesn't look like that. I'm fairly sure it's not anatomically possible to have so many teeth.[/quote]

Hmmmm, a chance to win Paul's girlfriend...perhaps the Jester can be convinced to cooperate...

Paul's Girl

Paul has to find something else to place his bets on, I can think of a few things...

But, you know what they always say, "Oh yeah, I can see the resemblance around the eyes".
A haiku inspired by Gen Con 2002:

Oh, Great Bowl of dice
Unearth the die of my dreams
Wicked 12 sider

-D