News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

*CHARACTERS (and their Players) NEEDED*

Started by Kuma, October 29, 2002, 07:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuma

I am putting out a request for some assistance from y'all (no money need change hands).

For a project that I'm working on (one of the three in my .sig, you can figure it out from there), I need volunteers who are willing to sit down (virtually) and talk to me about their characters, their roleplaying experiences ... quite a few questions, actually.

The format will be quite similar (almost coincidentally) to a therapy session. I will make only brief, non-leading remarks and ask a lot of questions ... about the character and you. You, and the character you select, should have at least a few of the following attributes:

[list=a][*]It should be have been played at least a few times. No characters made 'for the hell of it', unless you've featured them in fiction or something.  Online characters are fine as well.
[*]It can be from any genre or game, whether I've heard of it or not. (European and Asian gamers ENCOURAGED to apply.)
[*]It should be relatively well documented (meaning that at least a short background should accompany the character sheet - the sheet is not 100% necessary, either).
[*]The character should carry some *meaning* for you, other than 'This is the guy who slayed that 25th level whoozit.'  You should have some 'connection' with the character that goes beyond the ordinary.
[*]You should be ready to talk about any aspect of your experience with the character (limits on sexuality or other topics will be respected).
[*]Please be willing to commit to at least 3-4 e-mails of about a page each, if not more.[/list:o]

Please also know that I will provide you with the level of confidentiality or non-confidentiality (if you don't mind being quoted in a book) that you require. E-mails will be going to my Yahoo! account (one of), and will be checked often and promptly.

I'm NOT looking for simple war stories. I'll be asking some very in-depth and probing questions, which you may decline at your convenience. However, I am looking for people who are willing to 'open up' to someone about these matters.

I thank all of Tangency for your consideration on this matter, even if you choose not to submit your character.

If you are interested, please e-mail me @ kuma_pageworks@yahoo.com with your character's name and the game system in the subject and a brief description in the body of the message. I will get back to you from my work account (which can handle files) if you need to send PDFs or other files.

Again, thanks.

Seth L. Blumberg

QuoteFor a project that I'm working on (one of the three in my .sig, you can figure it out from there)
...what .sig?
the gamer formerly known as Metal Fatigue