News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What Does Master Czege Require?

Started by Mike Holmes, August 20, 2002, 05:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Paul CzegeAlso, I'm a bit mystified why, despite efforts to throw player characters into scenes together, I have yet to have players use the mechanics for characters aiding each other. For the life of me, I can't figure out why. I can't decide if they're broken, or just somehow irrelevant to character protagonism. I might have to convince someone to run the game with me as a player in order to gain some insight. What do you think might be driving this?

The Characters don't often have a reason for helping out? They have their own problems and are usually wallowing in them. They just don't seem like helpful sorts. And there is little or no incentive. I can lose stuff if we fail, but I don't get anything if we succeed. OTOH, if you were to give love or something as a reward...

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Ron Edwards

Hi Paul,

I'm a little mystified about that myself. Perhaps it's a group thing? I don't recall hearing about many Pool gifts among players in your Pool game, or about rolling victories from one character's successful roll into another character's attempt in Sorcerer, but maybe that's not an accurate perception.

Best,
Ron

Emily Care

Hi Paul, et al,

Unless the gods see fit to determine otherwise, looks like my play group is gearing up to start MLWM at a covenant-near-us in the next week or two.  We'll be learning about the system, doing initial development, and haggling over who gets to play which character for a while, but I'm interested in hearing about any issues you'd like us to explore or would recommend we watch out for as we play.  

I've printed off the two posts in here from you with spec. questions for our reference.  And Blake's play group (sounds like we're all refugees from Romper Room, doesn't it?) tried out counting the 3's as well as 1's and 2's as successes (I think). Should we do that? You've suggested mechanics for shunting off tasks onto other minions, that seems like something we could take on.

You may already have given Vincent the skinny on what we could do, but anyway, if there's anything of recent you'd like to share with folks doing playtest, it'd be appreciated.

--Emily Care
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games