News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Hand damage and dropping stuff

Started by MrGeneHa, December 04, 2002, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrGeneHa

I'm afraid that I'm once more missing a chart or paragraph, but:

When the damage tables for a hand wound indicate you might drop anything held, how do you figure out if you do?

E.g., Bludgeoning, Zone VII, Location Roll 1 (Hand), Level Two:

"...May drop hand-held items (roll at -3)."

What am I rolling, against what Target Number?

Gene Ha
Ceci n'est pas un sig file.

Lyrax

Any of the following stats would apply: Strength, Agility or Knockdown ((ST+AG)/2).  I would use Knockdown.

Your target number should be reasonably difficult, but not impossibly so.  I've found that anything in the range of 7 to 9 isn't unreasonable.  Also, the -3 is a -3 dice penalty, not a TN bonus.  Very important.
Lance Meibos
Insanity takes it's toll.  Please have exact change ready.

Get him quick!  He's still got 42 hit points left!

MrGeneHa

Thanks, Lance.  Makes a lot of sense.  Also, I don't think I understood the Knockout and Knockdown penalty system before.

I'm posting a response from Brian Leybourne, through old fashioned e-mail:

"Actually, I have no idea (I don't recall it being in the book, although I don't have it handy to check). Jake can most likely answer you though. . ."

". . . Gut reaction? I would say roll Reflex vs weapon ATN. I don't know if that's "right" or "official" but it's what I would do in a pinch."

Perhaps there isn't really an official answer.  Yet.  Guess we all have to buy TFoB when it comes out.

Gene

MrGeneHa

OK, just got the historical lowdown from Mr. Jake:

"In the original draft of TROS there was a 'Grip' stat that's now gone. The damage tables, so long and tedious in the making, seem to have escaped with some vestiges of that. I would use the knockdown rules stat for those rolls, using the same TNs and everything."

So that would be a roll of Knockdown/TN Shock.

Gene Ha