News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Web Site

Started by Mike Holmes, August 21, 2002, 02:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

heh heh.  I hadn't thought of that.  Cool looking sites are harder to use surreptitiously.

Is it still hard to read?  I had hoped I had fixed that.

Tony Irwin

Front page is great, very clear, but I found the blue type used for the essays (which I obviously I scrutinise very closely) to be a bit tough on the eyes. :-)

Mike Holmes

As one surrepetitios reader to another, I use the following technique.

Select All
Copy
Paste to Notepad
Continue reading with an excel file in the background.

Or if you want to be really sureptitious, and fast, just do a View Source, and read off the HTML. They'll think you're coding.

Nobody suspects that the Notepad default monospaced font could be anything other than a technical readout.

:-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Valamir

Put up a ton of new stuff on the site last night.

A bunch of Add-ons are up (including a number of PC related ones).  
Let me know if the organizational format I used for arranging them is useful or not.  Basically, I tried to sort them by the Chapter they'd effect as a way of keeping them consistant.  Let me know how that worked from a useability perspective.

Also threw up some new play examples.  These are player's play examples that I lifted out of this forum (and edited slightly for spelling and punctuation where it was obvious enough even to me) so regulars here will likely have seen them all.  If you see yours up there, let me know if you want to edit it, or would just rather I not put it up.

If any of you hang out on sites that might be interested in knowing about the update, please feel free to help me advertise it.

Jason L Blair

Dammit, Holmes, where's the write-up for Avatars of London?!

Chop, chop, ol' boy!
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Valamir

Yeah...I even transcribed the notes from that game for you weeks ago...
:-)

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Jason L BlairDammit, Holmes, where's the write-up for Avatars of London?!

Chop, chop, ol' boy!

I've got the notes at home along with a half-written account. I'll get to it. The one thing that kept me from finishing it was that me "featured effect" got co-opted by another example. So, Jason, you can help me out. What struck you as interesting about the session?

If neither he or I can figure out something to cite, I suppose we can just post it straight.  :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jason L Blair

Mike,

The thing that stuck out most for me was how such disparate elements can end up fitting together. "Superheroes," "1880s London," "No Iron," is a laundry list I wouldn't have imagined otherwise. In fact, the first thing I thought while playing Universalis was, "Damn, this would be a sweet brainstorming tool."

I don't know if you could use that as a Featured Effect, but I thought it was cool.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Valamir

More new stuff on the web site, including a bunch of new add-ons by Mike and one from me.  Also posted Bob's latest Temple of Bast session.  Got a great new idea for using Universalis from Lou Goncey...he suggested using it to write Fan Fiction.  Thought that was a great idea...put it up too.

Jason...Mike still hasn't written up your session yet <nudge> <thwak>
Maybe someday...:-)

Check it out, see what you think of the add-ons.

Jason L Blair

This just in: We have official report from the Sukass Embassy in the Tie-Ping-Shitup region of Getchoassonit. Mike Holmes is indeed a Sukass. I repeat: Mike Holmes is indeed a Sukass.

Thank you and good night.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Valamir

Another web update to check out.  Mostly just throwing up a few of the add-ons and topics that have been discussed here on the forum onto the site.

Valamir

Another Update update.

A new entry in the art contest from Bryan Bankhead.

JB Bell proferred up a PDF version of the play aid and

Alfredo Sendin Dominguez translated the play aid into Spanish.

Bob McNamee

That's a cool picture!

hmm... its actually my favorite of the three
(maybe I should get to work again on a new one...except I have all these gifts to finish before holidays)
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!