News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

ARMOR

Started by toli, November 25, 2002, 07:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toli

Any suggestions for armor value, CP and Move Modifiers for the following:

Norman style hauberk
(covering upper leg and upper arm)

Roman type lamellar armor

???
NT

Jake Norwood

Quote from: toliAny suggestions for armor value, CP and Move Modifiers for the following:

Norman style hauberk
(covering upper leg and upper arm)

Roman type lamellar armor

???

Use chain stats for the Norman Hauberk, just apply the protection to the appropriate regions. That is one of the reasons for my apparently controversial decision not to detail armor protection locations...I was talking more about styles and substances then specific suits...oh well.

For the Roman lamellar...hm...I couldn't say. Off the top of my head it'd be a 4 or a 5, but I don't know that much about it.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

toli

Quote from: Jake Norwood

Use chain stats for the Norman Hauberk, just apply the protection to the appropriate regions. That is one of the reasons for my apparently controversial decision not to detail armor protection locations...I was talking more about styles and substances then specific suits...oh well.
Jake

I think the general "suits" are a fine idea.  People can figure out easily enough what areas full plate covers and make a few decisions otherwise...

I thought of full chain as hauberk + leggings...sort of 13th century.  Without the lower(leg) protection would you consider dropping the CP and/or Move penalty slightly?

Will there be more specific armor stats in TFOB?  Just curious.

I have grown to hate (read love) TROS...I spend too much time mulling over combat strategies in my head trying to decide on the best way to defeat each type of opponent.

Have a good holiday..
NT

ShaneNINE

Quote from: toliWill there be more specific armor stats in TFOB?

Man, I hope so. It'd also be cool to have armor stacking rules. Especially handy if you're running a campaign such as Hârn where full plate doesn't exist, but plates over chain does.
::: Shane

Jason

Here's a web site of a guy who makes lamellar armor, it looks like its between scale and chain in effectiveness (in my probably wrong opinion). Either way it's a nice site to look at.

http://members.tripod.com/DeTyre/Articles/lamellar1.html

Aaron

I made up an armor chart for the guys in my group.  You need a calculator to work it but its not really that hard.  Basically I took the armor suits from the rule book and worked backwards.  It works for most of the suits provided with CP loss, move loss and Perception working out.  If anyone is interested in having a look drop me a line at Aaron.C@Bigpond.Com.  Its an excel spreadsheet.

Aaron
Ps. I have bee perusing the forum for a while but this is my first submission.  So I'd just like to take the chance to add my voice to the cry " Great Game!! LOVE IT!!"