News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sydney Gaming Stores

Started by Brian Leybourne, November 26, 2002, 03:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Jeez man, I never thought I would envy an Australian for anything, but Sydney gaming stores are damn cool (particularly Games Paradise and Tin Soldier, for those of you who might be near that part of the world any time).

In all I went into about 5 gaming stores, all had TROS on their shelves, and although a couple had yet to sell a copy, the bigger ones said that they had been selling copies fairly well (whatever that means) and had already re-ordered at least once. They didn't know there was a suppliment due though, did that Press Release for OBAM ever get released, Jake?

I even managed to find (and buy) a copy of Ron Edwards' excellent "Sorceror" in Tin Soldier. Couldn't put it down and ended up spending the entire flight back to Auckland reading and absorbing it, making notes, having great story ideas, etc. Very cool. I dind;t know (and nor did they) that there were 2 suppliments, I'll have to find out about those.

Anyway, back now. You can all stop holding your breaths :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

ShaneNINE

Quote from: BrianLJeez man, I never thought I would envy an Australian for anything,

Holy crap, man, haven't you seen their beaches and outdoorsy stuff? I am every shade of green with envy.
::: Shane

Mike Holmes

Quote from: ShaneNINEHoly crap, man, haven't you seen their beaches and outdoorsy stuff? I am every shade of green with envy.

Shane, baby. Brian is from New Zealand. A whole country made of mountains and beaches (ever watch Xena?). Australia isn't likely to impress him in that respect.  :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Mike HolmesShane, baby. Brian is from New Zealand. A whole country made of mountains and beaches (ever watch Xena?). Australia isn't likely to impress him in that respect.  :-)

Mike

You got it in one Mike. Seen Lord of the Rings...? That scenery is what I see every day.

And its so warm for a lot of the year that bikini's are commonly acceptable clothing to wander around in. All day.

Did I say that out loud? :-)

Brian.

p.s: No, *I* don't wear a bikini. Sheesh, you people are sick... ;-)
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

allahlav

Quote from: BrianL

You got it in one Mike. Seen Lord of the Rings...? That scenery is what I see every day.

And its so warm for a lot of the year that bikini's are commonly acceptable clothing to wander around in. All day.

Did I say that out loud? :-)

Brian.

p.s: No, *I* don't wear a bikini. Sheesh, you people are sick... ;-)

Yeah, but for those of us poor souls who actually DO live in Oz, going on holiday is a government-regulated punishment for bad behaviour.  I mean, who wants to go anywhere else, when you have it all, right there?  All I can say is, thanks England for deporting us!

On a (slightly) more serious note, the gaming stores here are really good - most are importers as well as retailers, so you'll find lots of hard-to-get gear.  I won't name names, but you'll find good stores in the centres of Sydney and Melbourne with excellent stock of the weird and the wonderful.

Allahlav.

Mokkurkalfe

And here I am, on the direct opposite side of the world with the the closest "local" gaming store some 30 km away, in the ice, snow and cold. When I'm going to school it's dark, when I'm going home from school it's dark, and in between there is like three or four hours of daylight.
And the chances that oBaM will come here are...Small, at best.

Well, at least I can have snowball fights on Xmas.

Quote from: BrianLYou got it in one Mike. Seen Lord of the Rings...? That scenery is what I see every day.

Wow. You can see Rivendell every day? I am truly envious...
Joakim (with a k!) Israelsson

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: MokkurkalfeWell, at least I can have snowball fights on Xmas.

Well, I'll give you that. On the other hand, I spent last xmas on a beach having a barbeque with friends and family, swimming, and admiring the... err... scenery (see previous comments re: bikinis).

Better than a snowball fight, methinks :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Mokkurkalfe

Sounds better, yeah, but I'll have to take what I can get, right?
Given the local weather conditions, there would't be much "scenery" left if it started wearing bikinis on xmas.
Joakim (with a k!) Israelsson