News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Driftwood Project Progress Report

Started by Jake Norwood, December 02, 2002, 06:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Aw man, now my heads too swollen to fit through my office door :-)

Seriously though, it's just something I knocked up because I thought it would be useful for ME, only afterwards thinking about tidying it up for the webpage. I find it bloody useful, but of course it's of limited application unless you're a GM who has a PC or laptop nearby while running a game, as I like to.

The most difficult part was calculating mouse zones so that the program would know what zone you were pointing at on the picture. It turns out that it was good experience though, because I was able to use that newly learned skill to good use in the charafcter generator I've been (slowly) working on - instead of just typing in your nationality, it brings up the map of Weyrth and you can mouse-over the picture, seeing information about each country as your pointer touches it, and then you just click on your selection. It's pretty cool really :-)

Don't know when it'll be finished though.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

That sounds damn cool, Brian. We oughtta put all this stuff on a CD one of these days and send the proceeds to ya.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

allahlav

Quote from: Jake NorwoodWe oughtta put all this stuff on a CD one of these days and send the proceeds to ya.

Jake

Any chance of doing that?  And for thsoe expensive to publish books too?  I don't know about anyone else, but I'd buy a pdf/CD and a hardcopy.  That way i can use it on the laptop, and have something for the players to look through.

Simon

Blake Hutchins

By the way, just grabbed the TROS quick start.  Excellent work, and it certainly did its job.  Once the budget loosens up, I'll be ordering a copy of the full meal deal.

Best,

Blake

Jake Norwood

There is now a d10 die-pool probability calcluator, courtesy of Tony Hamilty (Durgil), a www.theriddleofsteel.net/support

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jake Norwood

There's more new stuff on the Page.

(1) There's a QuickStart Character Sheet by Richard Fortuna [tunaman9000@yahoo.com] up now at www.theriddleofsteel.net/support

and

(2) There's the early draft of my current Pet Project, La Famiglia, up for viewing as well. It's not currently linked anywhere on the site, so go straight to it at //www.theriddleofsteel.net/otherstuff/lafamiglia.htm

There's a discussion going about it in the Indie Game Design forum.

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=5284

Jake

Sneaky Git

Quote from: Jake Norwood(2) There's the early draft of my current Pet Project, La Famiglia, up for viewing as well. It's not currently linked anywhere on the site, so go straight to it at //www.theriddleofsteel.net/otherstuff/lafamiglia.htm
Hey Jake.  I tried to take a look at La Famiglia, but no good.. I keep getting an error message.
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

Jake Norwood

Gah...damn site...

I posted it in full on the thread in indie game design.

Jake

Sneaky Git

Quote from: Jake NorwoodGah...damn site...

I posted it in full on the thread in indie game design.

Jake

Thanks Jake!
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

Jake Norwood

We updated the Character sheet download to match what's in the book, and replaced the Sorcerer's reference sheet with Ben Moore's more functional one.

Jake

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake NorwoodWe updated the Character sheet download to match what's in the book, and replaced the Sorcerer's reference sheet with Ben Moore's more functional one.

Jake

Cool, thanks.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Shadeling

So is OBAM still on track for early April?
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Ben

Quote from: Jake NorwoodWe updated the Character sheet download to match what's in the book, and replaced the Sorcerer's reference sheet with Ben Moore's more functional one.

Hey Jake, you uploaded the wrong ones. I just emailed the newest ones to you so you don't have to hunt around for them.
Be Seeing You,

Ben

Jake Norwood

Lance D. Allen

J'ai returné.

So, what's this I hear about OBaM coming out as an early birthday gift for me? How thoughtful! You really shouldn't have...
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls