News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Missile Pool

Started by ShaneNINE, December 05, 2002, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaneNINE

Do I have this straight?

The more dice you have in your missile pool the longer it takes to get to your full potential? That doesn't seem right.
::: Shane

prophet118

wish i could tell ya..lol.... so far the combat simulator only does melee combat

but as far as i could tell you, your melee pool refreshes.... well im not sure when, it does seem a bit confusing... as i can tell, you can attack as often as you like, so long as you have dice for attack and defense

this is right from the program... maybe this helps some

You seem a brave fellow, I hate to kill you.
You seem a brave fellow, I hate to die.
Begin...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geralt opts for an Aggressive stance

Rapier Case opts for a Defensive stance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geralt rushes in to attack, while Rapier Case tries to hold him off...

At the start of the round, we refresh both combat pools

First engagement...

Geralt gains +2CP for his aggressive stance
Geralt takes a swing at Rapier Case's body (downward diagonal) with 7 dice...

Rapier Case gains +2CP for his defensive stance
Rapier Case parries the attack with 4 dice...
Geralt's attack was a feint, and he instead thrusts at Rapier Case's belly with 9 dice...

Geralt rolls and gets 5 successes.
Rapier Case rolls and gets 3 successes.

Geralt hits Rapier Case with a total damage rating of 0... (Merely a scratch...)

Second engagement...

Geralt has no dice left, so initiative passes to Rapier Case

Rapier Case tries to bind Geralt's weapon with 8 dice, hoping to create an advantage for the next hit...
Geralt doesn't have enough dice left to defend with...

Rapier Case rolls and gets -1 successes.
This is a botched attack, so Rapier Case loses 4 dice on the next exchange.
Geralt rolls and gets 0 successes.

Geralt therefore successfully parries the attack and steals initiative!

At the start of the round, we refresh both combat pools

First engagement...

Rapier Case loses 4 dice from a botched attack or successful Duck & Weave defense

Please select Geralt's attack...
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."

Check out my art site! http://prophet118.deviantart.com
Wanna Buy a Poster?  http://www.deviantprints.com/~prophet118/

Jake Norwood

Quote from: ShaneNINEDo I have this straight?

The more dice you have in your missile pool the longer it takes to get to your full potential? That doesn't seem right.

I see it rather like this. If your wit is high, then you can shoot well faster. If your pool is high, lots of aiming benefits you more than someone else, and you can afford to spend a few of those dice speeding things up.

If your pool is low, no matter how long you aim, your shot will still suck.

THe MP is really a reflection of how much you get out of aiming and "planning" your shot. Wit is a measure of how quickly you can do this.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

ShaneNINE

Quote from: Jake Norwoodand you can afford to spend a few of those dice speeding things up.

Oh, so you can speed things up. Gotta go back and reread that.
::: Shane