News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

12 Games of Christmas

Started by GreatWolf, December 13, 2002, 06:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

From today until Christmas, there will be a new present to be "opened" at the Key 20 website.  A couple of the presents are by me.  You can decide if that's good or bad.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Spooky Fanboy

Got the download from Key 20. Looks good!
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Ron Edwards

"... gone for his throat," eh?

Best,
Ron

GreatWolf

Quote from: Ron Edwards"... gone for his throat," eh?

Best,
Ron

In love, Ron.  In love.  :-)

And my thanks are sincere.  I have benefited greatly from our conversations, both on and off-line.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games

Jason L Blair

Quote from: GreatWolf
And my thanks are sincere.  I have benefited greatly from our conversations, both on and off-line.

Finally! Some has actually *benefited* from talking with Ron.

Can you feel the smiley love?
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

GreatWolf

One minor adjustment that I made in the rules, as presented in Blood of Haven, has to do with Traits.

In previous rules incarnations, I had said that good Traits are kept by the activating player while evil Traits are given to the opponent.  Of course, this is reversed (somewhat) for activating your opponent's Trait against him.  For some reason, I can never state this clearly enough.  The system flows so well, but this is a constant tripping point for players.

So I reworded it slightly.  The new rules are as follows:

--a player may activate *one* Trait per contest.  This Trait may come from either character.

--The phase of this Trait can be used to replace either player's target moon phase at the discretion of the player activating the Trait.

It seems simpler and more elegant, while accomplishing the same task.

I would also be curious to hear playtest feedback from this scenario.  I know how it played out back when I ran it, but I would be interested in hearing how it plays out for a different group.  Hopefully I'll catch some design assumptions along the way.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games