News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Is the Book version going to have more OOMPH!?

Started by Shadeling, December 15, 2002, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

What I mean is it going to have more examples and definitions? Like how to incorporate various abilities into a game... Am I being clear?
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Eddy Fate

Quote from: ShadelingWhat I mean is it going to have more examples and definitions? Like how to incorporate various abilities into a game... Am I being clear?

Quite a lot, actually.  Tons of example characters, tons of example SAs, an entire sourcebook for a series to completely show how a series can be built up, more series seeds, some more "ready-to-run" series, and so on.

We've added some more examples, and tried to define things better (especially traits).  The SA system is organized a bit better, and via the examples, hopefully demonstrated more clearly.

Is that what you meant?
Eddy Webb
Vice-President, Spectrum Game Studios
Co-Line Developer for http://www.zmangames.com/CAH/">Cartoon Action Hour
http://www.shadowfist.com/html/store_CAH.htm">Order CAH online!

Spooky Fanboy

Oh, happy day!

Eddy, you said what I, for one, wanted to hear!

I don't know why it is, but I had the darndest time following SA instructions from the PDF download. Something about me and PDF's over a certain length makes my brain shut down, I guess. As many examples as you guys could spare would be great.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Hello, Spooky Fanboy.

I understand your pain.  Admittedly, the instructions on creating SAs in the PDF version could have been more clear.  Furthermore, we desperately needed some sample SAs.  So, when we first sat down to decide what was going into the book, this area topped our list.

I'm sure you'll find it easier to construct your SAs this time around.  :)
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Spooky Fanboy

Is there going tobe a price break for those of us who ordered the PDF version? 8-D

Not that I'm cheap, or poor, or anything...
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Absolutely!  In fact, I'd be so bold as to say that we offer one of the best discounts in the industry.  Our PDF customers receive:

[*]$10 off the purchase of the hardcopy version when you order directly from Z-Man Games' website.
[*]Two free issues of the official CAH e-magazine, After These Messages.  That's almost 50 pages of great material for CAH![/list:u]

In case you're wondering, Issue #1 of ATM comes out in late January and here's what it has:

[*]From the TV to the Gaming Table: A discussion about translating your favorite cartoon characters to CAH.
[*]Galactic Heroes: Ever want to see the series that featured Kargorr as the main villain?  Well, here's your chance.  Complete with Kargorr's full stats.
[*]Space Combat: Complete rules for fighting it out in the depths of space.
[*]Fighting the Good Fight: Guidelines for creating more dynamic heroes.
[*]Behind the Screen: A regular column that offers advice for GMs.  This installment covers how to apply the "storyboarding" technique to designing episodes.
[*]Hardcopy Preview: A closer look at the hardcopy version of CAH.  Get the skinny on what's included and get a first look at some of the art!
[*]Spotlight on Jared Brown: Learn more about one of CAH's most popular artists.
[/list:u]

[/list]
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com