News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Game Design and Personality Type

Started by Andrew Martin, December 21, 2002, 06:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoffer Lernö

I found this list and just HAD to post it:

Typology Prayers

ISTJ "Lord help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41.23 am E.S.T."
ISTP "God help me to consider people's feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive."
ESTP "God help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually NOT my fault."
ESTJ "God, help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask."
ISFJ "Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me to do it EXACTLY right."
ISFP "Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking)."
ESFP "God help me to take things more seriously, especially parties and dancing."
ESFJ "God give me patience, and I mean right NOW."
INFJ "Lord help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)"
INFP "God, help me to finish everything I sta
ENFP "God,help me to keep my mind on one th -- Look a bird! -- ing at a time."
ENFJ "God help me to do only what I can and trust you for the rest. Do you mind putting that in writing?"
INTJ "Lord keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be."
INTP "Lord help me be less independent, but let me do it my way."
ENTP "Lord help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes."
ENTJ "Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo."
formerly Pale Fire
[Yggdrasil (in progress) | The Evil (v1.2)]
Ranked #1005 in meaningful posts
Indie-Netgaming member

Adam Cerling

Quote from: Eric J.Uh.. Welcome to the forge!  

It must be an important topic to get you out of lurking.  How new are you to GNS?  How do you think it relates?

Heh.  Thanks.  ;)

The first time I took the Myers-Briggs I was profoundly impressed by how well it seemed to describe me.  The first time I read about the GNS (years ago, but I follow discussions of it) I was profoundly impressed by how well it seemed to describe the differences and similarities between my play style and others'.  So the juxtaposition of the two intrigued me, although I don't sense a strong link between them.

I'm an INTJ, to whom Alan hypothetically attributes Simulationist preferences (because of that Thinking preference, perhaps).  But when I run or play a game, it's my iNtuitive side that gets the big workout.  What I'm looking for in the experience is that compelling dramatic Narrative.  I iNtuitively grasp what that means for any given decision, and only then do my Thinking tendencies kick in, working out the details of how to achieve it.  When I play with Simulationist players or under Sim GMs I get frustrated as they drag the story to a halt with minutae I've decided are unimportant, or as they make decisions that ruin the story (like failing to give enough script immunity to the PCs).  Similarly, I have little interest in systems that obstruct the pace of the narrative.

I suppose I'd say that while an NT might value making decisions based on logic, that doesn't mean anti-freeze pumps through our veins.  Our goals can easily be aesthetic goals: we simply use iNtuition instead of Feelings to reach them.
Adam Cerling
In development: Ends and Means -- Live Role-Playing Focused on What Matters Most.

Marco

I am an ENTJ and I prefer sim.

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland

Palaskar

Hi, I'm and INFP/J and tend to prefer Sim. (I scored INFP, but sometimes I get INFJ.)

M. J. Young

I'm pretty solidly an INTP (my tendency toward introversion has been weakened through the years of being something of a public person, in music, radio, teaching, and on the web, but it's still marked).

I don't seem to have a GNS preference, shifting between them sometimes in play.

--M. J. Young