News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Belated Christmas Present

Started by Cynthia Celeste Miller, December 26, 2002, 09:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynthia Celeste Miller

We here at Z-Man Games and Spectrum Game Studios wish to give you a small gift for the holidays.  We've posted a few art samples on a webpage for you to view.  very soon, it will all be transported over to Z-Man Games' CAH page (which is being worked on now in fact).  To view the art, click here .

Once every week, we will post another piece until the release of the CAH hardcopy version in February 2003.

Merry Christmas!
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Derek Devlin

The art looks great. Is there any chance of the front cover art being released as a poster? I'd love to see it up on the wall in a gaming store, or even better, on MY wall.

Glad to hear you're working with Z-Man games. I'm a big fan of Shadowfist and got Grave-Robbers From Outer Space and Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom for Christmas.

That could be a future project. CAH in card form similar to GROS and CPJD.

Derek Devlin

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Quote from: Derek DevlinThe art looks great. Is there any chance of the front cover art being released as a poster? I'd love to see it up on the wall in a gaming store, or even better, on MY wall.

Thanks for the kind words.  I would like to see it as a poster too.  Ultimately, that's Zev's call so I'll see what he says.  :)

QuoteGlad to hear you're working with Z-Man games. I'm a big fan of Shadowfist and got Grave-Robbers From Outer Space and Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom for Christmas.

You bet.  Zev is a classy guy and a blast to work with too.  He knows what he's doing and I'm more than happy with what he's doing with CAH.

QuoteThat could be a future project. CAH in card form similar to GROS and CPJD.

No one would like this more than me.  LOL!  Who knows what the future holds.  This probably depends on how well the CAH hardcopy takes off.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
www.spectrum-games.com

urbwar

Quote from: Cynthia Celeste MillerWe here at Z-Man Games and Spectrum Game Studios wish to give you a small gift for the holidays.  We've posted a few art samples on a webpage for you to view.  very soon, it will all be transported over to Z-Man Games' CAH page (which is being worked on now in fact).  To view the art, click here .

Once every week, we will post another piece until the release of the CAH hardcopy version in February 2003.

Merry Christmas!

I love the illustration of Nekrottus; he looks fairly malevolent!

Although I prefer the other cover image, the one that got picked does look good. I am looking forward to getting this book when it comes out. I have at least one idea to do a series inspired by Gargoyles, and I'm thinking maybe a super hero one (more leaning towards the Hanna Barbera cartoons than Superfriends). Should be pretty fun!
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Quote from: urbwarI love the illustration of Nekrottus; he looks fairly malevolent!

Indeed.  Josh Diffey (the artist responsible) was afraid that he made Nekrottus look too evil.  I told him that Nekrottus looked perfect.  :)

QuoteAlthough I prefer the other cover image, the one that got picked does look good.

The final cover was re-worked extensively in terms of coloring and such.  We wanted it to look more cartoony than it originally did.

In any case, the other cover will make an appearance on the back cover of the book.

QuoteI am looking forward to getting this book when it comes out.

Glad to hear it.  

QuoteI have at least one idea to do a series inspired by Gargoyles, and I'm thinking maybe a super hero one (more leaning towards the Hanna Barbera cartoons than Superfriends). Should be pretty fun!

It does sound like fun, no doubt about it.  I always enjoyed the Herculoids and Space Ghost.  :)
Cynthia Celeste Miller
www.spectrum-games.com

urbwar

Quote from: Cynthia Celeste Miller
Indeed.  Josh Diffey (the artist responsible) was afraid that he made Nekrottus look too evil.  I told him that Nekrottus looked perfect.  :)

He does. Similar to Skeletor, yet in some ways, more malevolent looking!

The final cover was re-worked extensively in terms of coloring and such.  We wanted it to look more cartoony than it originally did.

In any case, the other cover will make an appearance on the back cover of the book.

Oh cool. That's a nice compromise for fans of the other cover

Glad to hear it.  

As soon as the hard copy was announced, I started plotting a game. My friends keep telling me to shut up until I actually have the rules to do said game though lol

It does sound like fun, no doubt about it.  I always enjoyed the Herculoids and Space Ghost.  :)

Yeah, I loved those characters. Too bad the revival in the 80's didn't last. Of course, I always wished they did a Mightor/Birdman/Space Ghost mega team up. Space Ghost did meet Mightor (or was that birdman; they are all so similar it gets confusing at times lol), but I always wanted the 3 of them to fight some major baddie through the time streams. Throw in the Herculoids, Teen Force and the Galaxy Trio (and can't leave out Jan, Jayce, Blip, Avenger, Mightor's dinosaur bud and Birdboy), and you got yourselves a Hanna Barbera smackdown :)

Cynthia Celeste Miller

QuoteHe does. Similar to Skeletor, yet in some ways, more malevolent looking!

Thank you.  I'm happy that you like ol' Bone-Noggin.

QuoteAs soon as the hard copy was announced, I started plotting a game. My friends keep telling me to shut up until I actually have the rules to do said game though lol

Care to share any of your game?  I always love hearing such things.  :)

Quoteand you got yourselves a Hanna Barbera smackdown :)

Without a doubt.  The Hanna-Barbara superheroes were a bit too similar to one another personality-wise, but they had a certain unmistakable charm.  All in all, they were a blast to watch.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
www.spectrum-games.com

urbwar

Thank you.  I'm happy that you like ol' Bone-Noggin.

Yeah, he looks pretty keen!

Care to share any of your game?  I always love hearing such things.  :)

See the new thread I started...

Without a doubt.  The Hanna-Barbara superheroes were a bit too similar to one another personality-wise, but they had a certain unmistakable charm.  All in all, they were a blast to watch.

Well, the Galaxy Trio, Teen Force and Herculoids were not the same. Just Birdman, Mightor, Space Ghost, and Samson too. And yeah, they did have a charm. So did that other super hero team that had five members, one of whom was called Super Samurai (I think?). I can't remember the name now. Isis was a member, if I recall.

Of course, I was into the original characters from the old Superfriends cartoons: Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, El Diablo and the Samurai guy they had. I love how they took a poke at Black Vulcan in the Static Shock cartoon when he was designing his costume (like they did in Lois and Clark with the costumes his mom made him to try on lol). A series based on the second string superfriends on their own might be cool too....