News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Riddle Roller Die rolling program

Started by Limbo, February 02, 2003, 05:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbo

I downloaded the Riddle Roller die rolling program available in the download section at the official site.   There's a couple of problems with it however: (1) It doesn't calculate probability of a success correctly giving probs larger than 100% and (2) it is unable to handle roles with difficulty larger than 10--that is when it rolls a 10, it doesn't reroll.   Is there any chance that we could have these simple adjustments made to the program?

Brian Leybourne

The main reasons for those are that it's a generic die roller, not a TROS specific one. Adjusting the program might be a problem - depends if Jake still knows how to contact the designer.

When I'm done with the character generator, I'll make a TROS-flavored roller if you like. It's pretty damn easy, wouldn't take more than a few hours.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

Actually the Riddle Roller was designed by me in my first semester of Programming way back when. No intention of re-doing it though.

And it was originally a "generic" roller.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Hmm.. yeah, I just downloaded it and I'm not sure where I got the idea it wasn't TROS related, since it has the TROS and Driftwood logo all over it. I must have been thinking of a different roller entirely :-)

Sorry.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Limbo

A new roller would be nice Brian.   I actually don't own any 10 sided dice anymore so I'd have to pick them up before I actually play with someone else ;) but I'm more interested in seeing the affect of target numbers versus differing amount of die pools for the probability of a success (and a botch).   This would allow me to get a feel for the system better.