News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Search/Display features?

Started by Brian Leybourne, January 07, 2003, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I couldn't see a better place to post this question than "Site Discussion".

When I first came to the Forge, I only ever read the TROS forum (being, as I am, very interested in that game). It's fair to say that the TROS forum is still my first and last stop every visit, and I still spend most of my time there, but I have also started to take a great interest in the wider community here and check out several different forums now.

Which brings me around to my question. Skipping around between different forums is very time consuming and I invariably miss one or more each time because I'm stupid. Is there any facility (I have looked, but can't find one) to "concatinate" forums together in a personal view? Even just being able to search for all new posts across certain forums would probably work, but I don't seem to be able to do that either (I can kind of do it for ALL forums as long as exactly 1 day old is what I want, but that's not really right).

Ideally, I would like to bring up a "forum view" but it would be comprised of all new posts in forums X,Y and Z. Now, I realise that I may as well be asking for the moon at the same time, but it's possible there's such a facility and I'm too stupid to find it. Or is this something I should be asking the PHPBB folks?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jared A. Sorensen

Hey, Brian.

On the Forum Index page, upper-right-hand side (above the forums themselves) is a "View Posts Since Last Visit" link. Click it to see what's new -- I used that link as my Forge bookmark...

"Now you know...and knowing is half the battle!"

- Jared
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Brian Leybourne

Thanks Jared, you know, I can't believe I never noticed that before :-)

Now if only there was a way to filter out some of the forums I have no interest in, and sort the rest of the results by forum instead of time of post.

Oh well, you can't have everything :-)

Thanks,
Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion