News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

SA's

Started by Brian Leybourne, January 12, 2003, 03:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Hey Jake,

Is there any chance you can give us an insight into the reasons behind the different mechanisms for the different SA's?

Luck: you get the dice once, split however you want, per session
Passion: Full passion pool added to any single die pool, as many times per session as your MA
Drive: Add to all pools as often as makes sense and Seneschal approves
Destiny: Like drive, but must be split among different pools in the same round, refreshing each round, instead of drive where you get the whole lot to each pool each round
Faith: Like Drive
Conscience: Like Drive

Just wondering why there are several different systems. Is there any reason Destiny couldn't be treated the same as Drive? What about Passion?

Just curious.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

There was a reason. Looking back it wasn't needed, so I won't go into it. The method used for Drive, etc. is the way that everything ought to run (except Luck, which hopefully is self-explanatory). Passion, then, is the only really odd one...and that was to help GMs prevent abuse of one SA instead of making a character use others (I find Pasion to be the easiest to exploit). Although, truth be told, I'd just run them all like Drive (except Luck).

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Yeah, that's the way I was leaning anyway. :-)

Thanks,
Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion