News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Playtester Begging

Started by xiombarg, January 02, 2003, 12:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiombarg

While people seem to be begging for playtesters at the moment, I'd like to renew my plea for playtesters for Unsung. The new girlfriend moving in and the holidays have slowed down my own playtesting a touch, plus I need to know how clear it is in its current form for other groups before I start modifying it...
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

James

This looks absolutely fascinating, but I'm not sure if I could rustle up any players willing to actually play the game.  It's hard enough to corral a small group to go on a dungeon crawl.  If I throw them a bleak scenario set during Der Kessel in Stalingrad meant to illustrate the utter degradation of man during war...I don't know how that would go over.

Assuming I could get something going, are you looking for particular modes of play/group sizes/thematic explorations, or do you want a general "shake this baby and see if any bits fall out" playtest?
Cabbages and Kings
www.cabbagesandkings.us

xiombarg

Quote from: JamesAssuming I could get something going, are you looking for particular modes of play/group sizes/thematic explorations, or do you want a general "shake this baby and see if any bits fall out" playtest?
Either or both is fine.

And it doesn't have to be as bleak as it sounds. Try it with rookie cops on their first day on the job -- plenty of room for Lapses, but not exactly Bertolt Brecht...

ADGConscience

Well, you know you've got a playtester living 250 yards from you, if you're running a session. :)

Dave

xiombarg

Quote from: ADGConscienceWell, you know you've got a playtester living 250 yards from you, if you're running a session. :)
Soon, soon. Note my earlier comment about the girlfriend moving in and the holidays. :)