News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A Fey thought...

Started by Shadeling, January 12, 2003, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

Rather than -2 MA to represent their slow learning and unchanging ways...perhaps a +1 SR to skill packets, and MA points costing 2 for 1 for non-language skills at character creation. Part of my thoughts for this stem from the fact that Fey are supposed to be these naturally powerful sorcerers. Kind of hard to be very powerful, when your Art score is affected by low MA. Anyhow...what do others think??
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Bob Richter

Quote from: ShadelingRather than -2 MA to represent their slow learning and unchanging ways...perhaps a +1 SR to skill packets, and MA points costing 2 for 1 for non-language skills at character creation. Part of my thoughts for this stem from the fact that Fey are supposed to be these naturally powerful sorcerers. Kind of hard to be very powerful, when your Art score is affected by low MA. Anyhow...what do others think??

I dunno. Art is actually kinda unimportant for Sorcery. KAA, Form, And Disipline are potent enough to easily make up the difference. Worst case, you lose one point on long-casting spells due to your -2MA.

Fey Elves /are/ really quite powerful. They are Sleepless as a racial trait, Ageless as a matter of course, and have no Dependency on Gestures or Dialogue.

Of course, that's why they're an A Priority race...
So ye wanna go earnin' yer keep with yer sword, and ye think that it can't be too hard...

Shadeling

Art is important to Spells of Three.

Shadeling

I ended up just using the default Fey stats.