News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

kathanaksaya needs playtesters, artists, web designers

Started by Green, January 12, 2003, 08:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green

I've created a story-making RPG I'm calling Kathanaksaya for the time being, and I would really like to get together with a few people who could help me make it more complete by adding the artistic details which would make it visually appealing to people (layout and pictures and such).  I am not interested in finishing this game for profit.  I just want to get into the process of completing a project and seeing how it works.  I would like to have this game available as a web site, but I believe that others could design it much better than me.

Also, I would like a few people to playtest the system and give detailed feedback regarding how the game works when it's played.  As far as playtesting is concerned, I am mainly looking to see how I can make it more fun while maintaining the spirit of the game as well as how to make it more clearly understandable.

In both cases, I am looking to establish a rapport with several people (or maybe just one person who can do all those things) that will help me refine the material I have and make it so that it can be played independently of my participation.  I appreciate any assistance I can get in these matters.

greyorm

Might I recommend the IndieRPGs group as one venue for playtesting your design? They meet weekly on IRC on Monday nights to play the various games we design and discuss here on the Forge.

I playtested Orx with a few of the regulars, and they've added greatly to the design of the game with their input, thoughts and excitement.

Certainly an excellent source right under your nose. You can contact Nathan (ie: Paganini) if you're interested and for the server information, the chat list (for setting up games & game prep) and such, or check the Forge's Resource Library for the link to the group.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Scorpio

If you are in need of some cartography, check me out at www.morningstarmaps.com. I do gratis for worthwhile projects.
www.morningstarmaps.com
"Functional Artwork..."