News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My campaign and the characters in it...

Started by Shadeling, January 13, 2003, 10:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

Ok, so I am running a campaign, in which a powerful Gol warlord is uniting trollspawn, and attempting to destroy man. The Gol worship a powerful demon to boot. That is a quick back-drop.

The PCs are as follows:

A warrior from Fahal, who has a burning hatred for the Gol for the attrocities they have commited.

A fey-halfling from Krymm-Khanan, who is running from her destiny, and has hatred of Gol as well.

A roguish individual from Cyrinthmeir whose city was razed, and he was horribly scarred by fire. He seeks to kill the Gol for what they have done.

A Fey, whose family was part of a remote court that lived in the IronTooth Mountains. Her family was almost completely slain, and others were taken. She hunts the Gol and seeks her family.

Lastly, an assassin from Ahr, who decided to make a pact with a demon due to his lust for power. The demon is in cahoots with the demon the Gol worship. He is trying to make amends for this crime, and therefore traveling with the group in hopes it will lead him to redemption.

That is a brief rundown. They are racing to warn New Cyrinthmeir City as the Gol horde is heading there...
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Nick the Nevermet

Very cool.

Now, the immediate question I have is what kind of ethical dilemmas (if any) are you planning putting in front of the group?

For instance, With the possible exception of the assassin, this party seems to be vengeance powered and centered.  That could lead to some GREAT spiritual attribute issues with all the classic stuff about being consumed by vengeance, etc.  I'm particularly curious about the player running the assassin.  I've tried doing a redemption-based concept before, and it was challenging for me.

Thats just my reaction based on 1-sentice blurbs about the characters.  Maybe you have another idea going, or maybe this is an introductory game for some players and you want to take the ethical stuff slow.  Either way, I'll be curious to see how it ends up.

good luck
Nick

Shadeling

Quote from: Nick PagnuccoVery cool.

Now, the immediate question I have is what kind of ethical dilemmas (if any) are you planning putting in front of the group?

For instance, With the possible exception of the assassin, this party seems to be vengeance powered and centered.  That could lead to some GREAT spiritual attribute issues with all the classic stuff about being consumed by vengeance, etc.  I'm particularly curious about the player running the assassin.  I've tried doing a redemption-based concept before, and it was challenging for me.

Thats just my reaction based on 1-sentice blurbs about the characters.  Maybe you have another idea going, or maybe this is an introductory game for some players and you want to take the ethical stuff slow.  Either way, I'll be curious to see how it ends up.

good luck
Nick

Ethical dilemmas...well with some of the SAs they have, primarily each having different Faiths, it has created some intresting dilemmas. But actually there have been others and will be more. I will post into more detail a little later.

Thanks

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: ShadelingOk, so I am running a campaign, in which a powerful Gol warlord is uniting trollspawn, and attempting to destroy man. The Gol worship a powerful demon to boot. That is a quick back-drop.

Sounds interesting. With such a trollspawn focus, you'll be pleased to know that OBAM has several new types of trollspawn, as well as expanded entries for those in the main rulebook.

Who knows, maybe that Gol Warlord has even somehow obtained some actual troll blood.. that could explain his sudden rise to power, especially if he's now a few cans short of a six-pack, if you know what I mean.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Shadeling

Quote from: Brian Leybourne
Quote from: ShadelingOk, so I am running a campaign, in which a powerful Gol warlord is uniting trollspawn, and attempting to destroy man. The Gol worship a powerful demon to boot. That is a quick back-drop.

Sounds interesting. With such a trollspawn focus, you'll be pleased to know that OBAM has several new types of trollspawn, as well as expanded entries for those in the main rulebook.

Who knows, maybe that Gol Warlord has even somehow obtained some actual troll blood.. that could explain his sudden rise to power, especially if he's now a few cans short of a six-pack, if you know what I mean.

Brian.

That is good to hear about OBAM, but unfortunately it is so far off (3 months).
I was under the impression Gol were a species of trollspawn...or are you saying true trolls...not just hef and gols and little imps, and so on.
I have had to come up with some of my own obviously.

Thanks.

EDIT: Came up with my own Gol swords and armor too...pretty cool stuff. I can maybe post it, or send it to people if anyone is interested.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: ShadelingThat is good to hear about OBAM, but unfortunately it is so far off (3 months).
I was under the impression Gol were a species of trollspawn...or are you saying true trolls...not just hef and gols and little imps, and so on.

Well, they're trollSPAWN so, presumably, there's Trolls, right? :-)

Not to give too much away (I don't really know how much Jake wants me to talk about OBAM yet) it talks about Trolls as well as various Trollspawn. These are not your daddy's Trolls - they're something primordial and very nasty and (fortunately for Weyrth) not presently active.

It's just possible that a Gol somehow managed to contact one though. Maybe that's the demon he's in league with (well, that only kind of works, but IYG right?).

Quote from: ShadelingCame up with my own Gol swords and armor too...pretty cool stuff. I can maybe post it, or send it to people if anyone is interested.

Actually, I would be interested to see that kind of stuff. I wanted to put more things like that into OBAM but I was already well over my page limit as it was :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Shadeling

Quote from: Brian Leybourne
Quote from: ShadelingThat is good to hear about OBAM, but unfortunately it is so far off (3 months).

Well, they're trollSPAWN so, presumably, there's Trolls, right? :-)

Not to give too much away (I don't really know how much Jake wants me to talk about OBAM yet) it talks about Trolls as well as various Trollspawn. These are not your daddy's Trolls - they're something primordial and very nasty and (fortunately for Weyrth) not presently active.

It's just possible that a Gol somehow managed to contact one though. Maybe that's the demon he's in league with (well, that only kind of works, but IYG right?).

Quote from: ShadelingCame up with my own Gol swords and armor too...pretty cool stuff. I can maybe post it, or send it to people if anyone is interested.

Actually, I would be interested to see that kind of stuff. I wanted to put more things like that into OBAM but I was already well over my page limit as it was :-)

Brian.

Well I will email my stuff to you or PM it to you...that way none of my players see it on the board :)

Jake Norwood

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake NorwoodEmail it to me, too.

Jake

Will do.

Tonight or tomorrow :) Cool.