News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Artist throwing his hat in the ring....

Started by RHJunior, January 16, 2003, 11:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHJunior

I saw that a lot of folks here are looking for an artist-- so I thought I'd pop up and say "howdy do."

I'm a freelance cartoonist/illustrator, with a general predilection for fantasy and humorous illustration. I have a couple of online art archives ( http://home.ntelos.net/~blue27a and http://www.yerf.com/hayeralp ), as well as three longrunning online comic strips (see links in the signature below.)

I work primarily in pen and ink B+W, and computer colorized art. My rates *are* negotiable.

If my style suits your needs, I can be contacted at blue27a@ntelos.net

Walt Freitag

Ah, good, a place to praise your online comics without distracting from the business at hand on your "Hello, total Newbie here" thread.

Lots of people have posted comments like "I like your comic, I can't really say why..." on that thread. Well, I can specify at least one reason, though not the only reason, why it's so compelling. Your color palettes are amazing. Without being garish (well, it's a fine line, I can't say you never cross it), these colors just glow on my monitor. (Well, duh. All colors glow on a monitor! Yeah, but, well... not like that.) You either have a gift for, or have put a lot of effort into (or both), mastering and using the displayable color-space outside the printable gamut to make a page's whole palette sing. Something I've seen few graphic artists do, even when their work is for Web publication or computer games. Very impressive.

- Walt
Wandering in the diasporosphere

RHJunior

Actually, I just like bright shiny colors.
That and the fact that I'm allegedly partially colorblind (I have trouble in visually distinguishing the green-to-grey and the brown-to-red areas) means I tend towards brilliant, glowy colors.

And you mean they're NOT printable?
Poop.