News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Clarification of half-swording

Started by svenlein, January 20, 2003, 06:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svenlein

hopfully my tone of voice on the internet is some what corgial, im tring to be, i value your statement Thalaxis and think it is good you brought up this subject that many people dont have a good grasp on.

svenlein

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI say it does merit a lower DTN for sure. ATN I'm not so sure, at the granularity of the system.

Other uses include hooking bashing, triping, pinning, binding a sword up, winding it, and breaking the wrists. Lots of options, many of the complicated. This may be the best way to explain the improved ATN.
Do you know of any 1-3 page essays describing these things?  I would like to know more, but my list of books to read is huge.

Thanks for the thought put into this.

Do you feel the crossguard, rigidity, and weight of the estoc cause it to deserve a 2 lower ATN than a short-spear?

I now am very comfortable with the short spear's 2-handed DTN and Dam : )

I love being able to ask the designer questions, games are so much more fun for me when I believe in them.  When I know thought was put into them and many things weren't just pulled out of there asses like some games.

Scott

Jake Norwood

QuoteDo you know of any 1-3 page essays describing these things? I would like to know more, but my list of books to read is huge.

Yikes...um, not sure about essays that size. I can think of lots of books. Try the articles and essays page at www.thearma.org. I can't think of any essays on these topics in the public area, but there may be something.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant