News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

fumble initiative roll

Started by Heavenlyrock, January 31, 2003, 03:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heavenlyrock

would it be too harsh to say that a botched intiative roll (the reflexive roll contest for two opponents both attacking) would mean the character doesn't get to go for that exchange of blows, or should you not count these types of botches?  I think you would, but a player says otherwise.

Shadeling

Quote from: Heavenlyrockwould it be too harsh to say that a botched intiative roll (the reflexive roll contest for two opponents both attacking) would mean the character doesn't get to go for that exchange of blows, or should you not count these types of botches?  I think you would, but a player says otherwise.

When one persone throws White and one person Red, that Initiative has no way of fumbling. So, I think you should not count it. I think a fumble on that Reflex test just truley means the other goes in the Simultaneous Agressor situation.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Jake Norwood

Yeah, I'd say that you don't really fumble it...you win the contest, you lose it, or you tie it. If you tie it it goes to WP and then to a double-hit if that ties.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant