News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Hey Vincent! MechaTon question!

Started by Jeph, February 09, 2003, 07:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeph

First off, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, or even the right board. But I've got a question for Vince about one of his games, and it involves playing the game.

Okeydokey: the story. I love legoes. I love gaming. I made up a lego wargame, noticed it sucked major, and searched the web for alternatives. Enter Mike Rayhawk's (awesome guy, Mike is) BRIKWARS! So I've checked Briikwars.com everyday for about two years now. Which naturally led me to the link three updates ago to Vincent's lego hex-map mecha wargame, MechaTon.

Now. I don't have a hex map. But I do have a pretty huge square battlegrid. I was wondering what the game effects would be if I used a square grid instead of a hexmap. Or maybe just measured everything in inches instead of hexes?

TIV for all advice!
Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other

lumpley

Well yay!

Square grid?  Heck, I dunno.  My guess is that you'll have to work harder than that to break the game.  Evidence: if I'd been designing it for a square grid map, I'd've done everything just the same anyway.  Let me know how it goes.

I'm psyched to hear that you like it!  There's been a teeny bit of wargame discussion around here, in Game Design and Theory, I guess, but not much.  If we need to justify this thread, we can stretch and point out that Mechaton's mechanics are based on Otherkind's.

-Vincent