News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

hotel room conundrum

Started by Matt Gwinn, February 04, 2003, 06:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

I have a question about alternate hotel rooms.

Gencon.com has its registration system up and running, but there is no way to get a hotel room through the system without buying a badge.  Any idea how we should go about this?  From the looks of things all the cheeper hotel rooms have been reserved for the con which means if you want a cheep room you have to go through the system or drive every day.  I really don't want to pay $150 to $250 a night for a room and as much as I like you guys, I don't want to share a room with 7 people.  I also don't want to deal with paying fopr parking every day and the hassles that come with 4 people using the same car to get back and forth to the convention center.

Will we all be able to use Ron's access number to reserve rooms once he gets it?  

Would it be worth it to simply buy a 1 day badge and waste the $20 just to get a room sooner?

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Ron Edwards

Hi Matt,

That is a real concern, and I regret that I didn't think of a way around it sooner before setting up as I have.

H'm.

OK, here's what I'm thinking. After registration (which is not done and will not be done in the next two days/etc because multi-company booths are a serious pain in the ass!), I am willing to reserve more hotel rooms beyond the two. However! I will only do so if people pay me for those (unlike the first two) up front. That means some one person basically becomes that room's owner and I never have to worry about it again.

It's not set for sure yet. I'm offering it up for discussion. Does anyone see any holes in it?

Best,
Ron

Paul Czege

Ron,

Can you do this incrementally, reserving rooms one and two at a time over the course of the next couple of months? Or is this registration a one fell swoop only?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Ron Edwards

Hi Paul,

I think it's fine to do it incrementally as long as there are rooms available. I will of course ask in order to be sure.

Best,
Ron

Michael Hopcroft

How much is a room in the "convention hotel"? I've become such a worry-wart over the last 24 hours that you may not WANT me in one of the Forge hotel rooms.

I just need to know what my options are.....
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Matt Gwinn

Well, my problems have been solved.  One of the people I'm rooming with needed a badge and got us a room at the Omni.  It looks like the hotels are cutting pretty good deals (like 50% off).  We got our room with two double beds for $128 a night.  

The Omni is only a block away from the convention center and connected by skyway - No going out in the July Heat! Woo Hoo!  The place looks really nice.  It would be cool if we could get a bunch of people in there.  hint hint

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Matt Wilson

Quote from: Matt GwinnWell, my problems have been solved.  One of the people I'm rooming with needed a badge and got us a room at the Omni.  It looks like the hotels are cutting pretty good deals (like 50% off).  We got our room with two double beds for $128 a night.  

The Omni is only a block away from the convention center and connected by skyway - No going out in the July Heat! Woo Hoo!  The place looks really nice.  It would be cool if we could get a bunch of people in there.  hint hint

,Matt G.

How much are rooms via the conference? Anyone know yet? I want to aim for about half of that $128 deal, myself.