News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Weapon images (Pole Arms)

Started by Darth Tang, February 14, 2003, 08:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Tang

Its important to give players a visual image of what their gear looks like. In my current campaign, I have the Janes pocket books so players can see. One of the (few) nice things about 3E is the copious use of illustrations so that players can tell what things look like.

That said, does anyone know a site with line drawings of pole arms? Given the detail of RoS, I would like to be able to show my players what they look like. Its never been an issue before, as no other combat system I've encountered has had the detail possible to make the differences viable. (I've already added several of my favorites).

Color catalogs from companies such as Museum Replicas has handles swords quite nicely, but there's not many sources for pole arms, and most of those are on-line.
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Darth TangColor catalogs from companies such as Museum Replicas has handles swords quite nicely, but there's not many sources for pole arms, and most of those are on-line.
So you can't print the pictures in the on-line catalogues? I do this all the time for characters. In fact, if you have Photoshop or something you can doctor them up into nice fantasy weapons or whatever. I've taken modern compund bow pictures and turned them into neato elfin bows, etc. Fun stuff.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Michael Tree

Could you post some links to those online catalogues?
"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated"
--G.K. Chesterton

Jake Norwood

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Darth Tang

Quote from: Mike Holmes
Quote from: Darth TangColor catalogs from companies such as Museum Replicas has handles swords quite nicely, but there's not many sources for pole arms, and most of those are on-line.
So you can't print the pictures in the on-line catalogues? I do this all the time for characters. In fact, if you have Photoshop or something you can doctor them up into nice fantasy weapons or whatever. I've taken modern compund bow pictures and turned them into neato elfin bows, etc. Fun stuff.

Mike

Bows aren't the problem-there's not many bills, bec de corbins, and the like commercially avalible. Nor am I familar with photoshop.

I seem to recall a 2E supp many years back that had simple line drawings of almost every pole arm there was...now if I just had a name.
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

Shadeling

Quote from: Darth Tang
Quote from: Mike Holmes

Mike

Bows aren't the problem-there's not many bills, bec de corbins, and the like commercially avalible. Nor am I familar with photoshop.

I seem to recall a 2E supp many years back that had simple line drawings of almost every pole arm there was...now if I just had a name.

http://retromud.org/weapons/polearms.html

Would that be kind of something you're looking for?
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Darth Tang

Perfect! Thanks.

Of course, now I'll have to add some more weapons!

arxhon

Shadeling: possibly the weapons and armor guide?

For 1e, there was unearthed arcana, and the D&D Coclopedia had most of the polearms there as well.

Shadeling

Quote from: arxhonShadeling: possibly the weapons and armor guide?

For 1e, there was unearthed arcana, and the D&D Coclopedia had most of the polearms there as well.

No, that is some site I found.

Darth Tang

arxhon

Sorry shadeling, i meant mike, not you. I got confused by all the quote boxes.

Shadeling

Quote from: arxhonSorry shadeling, i meant mike, not you. I got confused by all the quote boxes.

No problem!

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Darth TangAnd I found another:
Wow, that ought to about do it for pole arms. Can't imagine needing any more info than that.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.