News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The damn book

Started by Ron Edwards, July 18, 2001, 03:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Well, the book is not going to be available until GenCon.

You have no idea how agonizing this is. When it's over, I'll write a little "Why books don't come out on time" essay.

Best,
Ron

Jason L Blair

My condolences, Ron. As long as it's available at GenCon, though, I'll be happy.

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Uncle Dark

Ron,

Sorry to hear.  I think I have some idea of how frustrating this is for you.  For my part, I'm perfectly willing to wait.

Although...  I saw the July 13 release date, then the buy it button on the beta site, so I did.  Is this going to be a problem for you?  If so, is there anything I can do to undo my bad?

Lon

P.S.
When is GenCon, anyway?
Reality is what you can get away with.

Ron Edwards

Lon, what's up is that I'm not processing your order until the book comes up. Basically, you're the only "pre-order" - and yes, I know I told people that wasn't allowed. It still isn't. Lon ended up in the middle.

To be more exact, the book ships from the printer to Tundra on the 27th. The Tundra man will bring many copies with him to GenCon; also, at that point, of course, he will be perfectly capable of fulfilling orders as he normally does.

GenCon is August 2 through August 5.

If it's any consolation to anyone, I won't be seeing the thing any sooner than you will.

Best,
Ron

wyrdlyng

Will you have your own booth or sharing one with someone else? Just want to know where to go.

Alex Hunter
Email | Web

Ron Edwards

Mine! Mine! Allllll mine! (snort, twitch, twitch)

Actually, I won't strictly be alone, as a number of poorly-adjusted individuals are going to join me.

Best,
Ron

Jared A. Sorensen

His name is Ron Edwards...

(Excellent game, sir)
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com