News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Droids & Ewoks

Started by Michael Hopcroft, February 07, 2003, 01:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Hopcroft

Does anyone remember a pair of cartoons aired together that Lucasfilms licensed from the original Star Wars trilogy? Evdiently they pulled the licence, because they haven't been seen in years.

One was Ewoks, low-tech adventures with the furry, short barbarians from Return of the Jedi. The other was Droids, a trilogy-indepenedent series fo adventures in which C-3PO and R2-D2 went from one mishap to another, with C-3PO companining all the while that all he wanted was some peace and quiet.

If anyone knows more about these series than I do, maybe they'd be good idea fodder for CAH.
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Eddy Fate

Quote from: Michael HopcroftDoes anyone remember a pair of cartoons aired together that Lucasfilms licensed from the original Star Wars trilogy? Evdiently they pulled the licence, because they haven't been seen in years.

One was Ewoks, low-tech adventures with the furry, short barbarians from Return of the Jedi. The other was Droids, a trilogy-indepenedent series fo adventures in which C-3PO and R2-D2 went from one mishap to another, with C-3PO companining all the while that all he wanted was some peace and quiet.

If anyone knows more about these series than I do, maybe they'd be good idea fodder for CAH.

Somewhere I recall someone talking about doing a Star Wars campaign with CAH, in the theme of Droids, with a little Anime Star Wars thrown in...
Eddy Webb
Vice-President, Spectrum Game Studios
Co-Line Developer for http://www.zmangames.com/CAH/">Cartoon Action Hour
http://www.shadowfist.com/html/store_CAH.htm">Order CAH online!

Slant

I remember them quite well.  As a matter of fact, both series were put on vhs and should be quite easy to find on ebay.  I have the droids series on vhs, but declined the way too cutesy ewoks.  Hopefully Lucas will consent to putting both series out on dvd at some point.

Madcat

Droids was seriously cool.  One of the things that I liked about it was that there was a feeling of some continuity between episodes and a feeling that the characters were actually in danger.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

I'm with ya here, Madcat.  There was indeed a sense of danger.  Generally, the Droids cartoon was well-written and maintained the Star Wars "feel".  Unfortunately, this was not the case with its sister show, the Ewoks.

But, well, I did like the Duloks.  Any race who hates the Ewoks can't suck too much.  ;0)
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Slant

Oh, and the Droids series had a cameo by Boba Fett.  Even animated Fett is way cool.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

I think Boba Fett was better animated than on the movies.  After all, in the cartoon, he didn't get the crud kicked out of him by a blind guy and then scream like a school girl as he plummetted down into the Sarlacc.  =0)
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com