News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Iron Game Chef?

Started by talysman, February 06, 2003, 03:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talysman

with all this talk about Simulationist games, I've been wondering: is Mike Holmes about to run an Iron Chef Simulationist competition? it's been almost four months since the last one...

or are we waiting for the other two essays to "drop"?
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

Mike Holmes

Hmm. That's a good point.

What do people think? Is it time for the Chaiman to make his reappearance? Or should we wait for the furor of late to die down a bit?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jack Spencer Jr

The Chairman relishes furor. It is a potent aphrodisiac

Ron Edwards

I believe I specified six months per Chef, gentlemen.

And no, that does not mean you can have one at the end of a "six-month period" and then immediately another at the "beginning" of another such period. Just in case you were wondering.

So six months from the announcement of the winner of the last one, is when Mike can announce the beginning of the next one. And it's all Mike; this is his thing.

Best,
Ron

Mike Holmes

Probably best, anyhow. Though the chairman does relish furor, he woudn't want to see any damage done to the much anticipated release of the upcoming essays. Let's look at doing it just prior to DemonCon.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Maurice Forrester

Actually, Ron, you specified "every four months or so."  The thread is here.
Maurice Forrester

Ron Edwards

Yeah, well, now it's six. I liked six better then, and I like it best now.

Best,
Ron

Maurice Forrester

Shoot.  Two more months of waiting impatiently.  Well, I'm looking forward to the next one whenever it happens.
Maurice Forrester

Shreyas Sampat

Sounds good, Ron.  Is this thread over, folks?

DP

Quote from: four willows weepingSounds good, Ron.  Is this thread over, folks?

[VO: "TEN SECONDS REMAINING."]

"Yes, just a quick note: that is indeed 'furor relish' the challenger is using."

"Ah, furor relish! That is the Chairman's favorite condiment, from the Mu's Bed prefecture if I'm not mistaken..."

-Dave
Dave Panchyk
Mandrake Games