News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Electric Ghosts

Started by Dav, August 19, 2001, 02:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav

I'm just putting in the word.  Though I will certainly have more formal and well-thought remarks (as much as my remarks ever are) later.

I just finished Electric Ghosts on my second read-through.

So, when I bought it, I thought, "$6, all right, let's see what the happy guy has to say."

He has to say a lot.  A whole, fucking fleet-load worth of stuff.  I'm talking a daisy chain of oil tankers stretching across the dandy Pacific just chock-full of Raven-ness.

And none of it is worth missing.

I am psyched to play some Sorcerer again (not that the withdrawal was pleasant the first time... and no, the methadone didn't help).  I want to play it in Raven's world.  Hell, I want the little bastard to fly his ass to Chicago and hole-up with Ron and I at my place so I can turn the juice up on every appliance I own and play some Electric Ghost Sorcerer with the comforting background hum of damn-near 100 kilowatts per minute racing through my walls.

Alas, however, Raven is hell-and-gone from Chicago.  Ron is skipping merrily across sun-bleached shores out west (as opposed to east, where I am).  Woe is me.  

At least the flourescents are still singing me a lullabye.

(Yes, a much more nice and organized thought process will follow)

Dav  

greyorm

[*glow*]

Many thank yous for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it so thoroughly!

I'll definitely look forward to hearing your more organized thoughts on EG when you type them up!

BTW everyone, I'll soon be adding a section to my RPG site containing extra material for EG. I'll announce here when I do put the stuff up.

[ This Message was edited by: greyorm on 2001-08-21 19:54 ]
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Ron Edwards

Raven,

Just wanted to say to you and to the Sorcerites Assembled that Electric Ghosts is - aside from its conceptual excellence - incredibly beautiful.

Yes, an artist wrote and designed it, and it shows. High on the kilobytes, but worth it.

I am beginning to feel about Sorcerer as I do about a range of unrelated RPGs - God in Heaven, which ONE? I really enjoyed GMing Demon Cops; I have always wanted to return to my "transgression USA" setting detailed in the rules; Electric Ghosts fascinates me with its potential for harsh crime stories; and I wrote Sorcerer & Sword out of twenty years of agonized, thwarted ambition to role-play pulp fantasy.

Geez! (kick in theme of "Sorcerer's Apprentice")

Best,
Ron