News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

NEW GAME: WYRD IS BOND

Started by Jason L Blair, February 09, 2003, 09:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky Fanboy

Kinda like how heavy metal encourages suicide and glam rock encouraged bisexuality? Like how both glorified partying and rebellion for rebellion's sake? Like how country music encourages line dancing and glorifies inbeeding? Like how the blues did all of the above, back in the '20s and '30s? (Well, maybe not the line dancing or inbreeding, but...)

Get real. There isn't one form of music out there that hasn't rubbed someone the wrong way, and then they went out and said it was a sign of the end times, etc. They were wrong, and the new naysayers have it all sideways about rap, too.

And if there's too much of it on the radio for you, turn it off, or invest in a CD player. If this game's not for you, I'm sure Jason has plenty of others that are more up your alley.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Jason L Blair

Quote from: Little_RatFeh. Rap sucks, it glorifies violence, encourages greed and hypocrasy...

That is, unfortunately, the popular although gross generalization.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Little_Rat

Sorry, I just needed to get that out of my system. Again, my appologies.

Spooky Fanboy

Anyway, how is this coming? Yes, I am still interested.

Valamir

Damn Spook.  You waited 3 whole weeks...your manic stalker reputation is going to suffer ;-)

Jason L Blair

It's going well. The core mechanic has been tested and tweaked and I'm constantly adding cool stuff to the cosmology. I'm still really psyched about Wyrd is Bond. It's funny, because WiB and Modern Myths share some influences so players will be able to see where the systems overlap. I like to think of WiB as an abstraction of the Modern Myths world, in a way.

Overall, it's good good stuff.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Spooky Fanboy

Glad to hear it! It's always a good sign when the creator is psyched up about his work.

Interesting to hear that the two games overlap. Did you do what I did recently, that being set aside something cool from Modern Myths and have it blossom into Wyrd is Bond on it's own? Ain't it freaky when something like that happens?

Jason L Blair

Actually WiB and MM sprang from two entirely different sources and the realization that they had any overlap was a fairly recent event. But I do know what you're talking about and, yes, it is quite cool when that happens. ;)
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Spooky Fanboy

Is this game also scheduled to be discussed further on April 7th, along with (I hope) Modern Myths?

The time draws near...any hints, any tasty morsels for those of waiting sooooo patiently?

Jason L Blair

On April 7th I'll reveal Key 20's plans up until the end of 2004. Some things are still in the air so I don't want to drop any hints that may prove premature.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Eddy Fate

Quote from: Jason L BlairActually WiB and MM sprang from two entirely different sources and the realization that they had any overlap was a fairly recent event. But I do know what you're talking about and, yes, it is quite cool when that happens. ;)

Just a quick poke in here to say that I got to playtest an early version of Modern Myths, and an early look at WiB, and both are way cool. :-)
Eddy Webb
Vice-President, Spectrum Game Studios
Co-Line Developer for http://www.zmangames.com/CAH/">Cartoon Action Hour
http://www.shadowfist.com/html/store_CAH.htm">Order CAH online!

Spooky Fanboy

And of course, you just HAD to torture me with that information, didn't you Mr. Webb? Just had to let me know that someone else got a look at two games I'm very eager to play before I did. Just had to give the knife of anticipation a little twist.

If I didn't like Cartoon Action Hour, I'd write you into a game of FATAL as a spellcaster being forced to endure EVERY ONE of the spell misfire mishaps.

Well, that and the fact I'm probably going to get a playtest copy of Nine Worlds. And that writing you into a game of FATAL would require me to actually read it. And...oh, never mind!

Eddy Fate

Quote from: Spooky FanboyWell, that and the fact I'm probably going to get a playtest copy of Nine Worlds.

Nine Worlds?  Way cool.  Now we're even.  ;-)
Eddy Webb
Vice-President, Spectrum Game Studios
Co-Line Developer for http://www.zmangames.com/CAH/">Cartoon Action Hour
http://www.shadowfist.com/html/store_CAH.htm">Order CAH online!

kregmosier

ok, figured i'd share this to encourage Jason...

after listening to the album for the umpteenth time, i finally realized "hey, this reminds me of some good music to set the mood for either of Jason's games".  

the band is The Transplants. the album is a self-titled debut...came out like a year ago.  Do yourself a favor and check them out...i esp. think "Diamonds & Guns" and "D.J. D.J." are pretty appropriate for either game.

can't WAIT to read more info the games!

-k
I wonder how the world sees us...
rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,
a spoiled drunk 15 year old
waving a gun in their face.

"Long Long Time", Guy Forsyth

Jason L Blair

Thanks for the recommendation, Kreg; I'm always on the lookout for good music.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer