News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

stinking elfs!

Started by James V. West, February 18, 2003, 10:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James V. West

Got my copy of Elfs! Just wanted to say my wife and I had some real out-loud laughs just reading it. I had planned on playing Trollbabe first, but now I'm really leaning toward this spanky little game...

Ron Edwards

Hi James!

Two thoughts for you, my friend ....

1. Elfs is best played with four or five characters.

2. Gamist. With a big ol' G. Don't be a weenie about it.

Best,
Ron

James V. West

I'll remember those points of advice, Ron...

I was thinking if not "Ice and Fire", I'll put a tomb-raiding band of flatulent elfs into a battle of wits with a bankrupt archmage who's ill-concieved son has a "thing" for elf chicks. Go figure. ;-)

joshua neff

Has anyone run Tomb of Horrors with Elfs? Because I think Tomb of Horrors would rock with Elfs.

Damn, I wish someone would run me through Tomb of Horrors with Elfs.

Damn, I wish I still had Tomb of Horrors.

I bet Mike Holmes has Tomb of Horrors.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

jburneko

Josh,

Just for reference almost anything TSR ever published is available here,

http://www.svgames.com

as an electronic download for about five bucks.  Oddly enough they've miscategorized Tome of Horrors as a Ravenloft product.  Go figure.

Actually, I've been contemplating running the original Ravenloft module as an Elfs game... well, you know... just because.

Jesse

Rod Anderson

Weird coincidence -- I was just last night thinking about making an Elfs-related post.

See, I've got this Elfed version of "Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan", and I thought to myself "You know what would be cool? If there was like an 'Elfs Challenge', where someone named an old AD&D module, and everyone who wanted to Elfed that module independently, and then all the participants posted their various game notes and play accounts." Does that sound entertaining to anyone else?

-Rod

P.S. Yes, I'm proud of my neologism.

Ron Edwards

Hi Rod,

I would looooove to see such a rundown of Elfs and old D&D modules. That was my dream for the game from day one.

Best,
Ron

greyorm

I have "T1: The Village of Homlet" Elf'd. I'm slowly working my way through the rest of the "Temple of Elemental Evil" supermodule.

As to Elfing a Ravenloft product...that's just bizzare, bizzare and scary, bizzare, scary and disturbing...from a psychological point of view, not as a reflection of the play of the actual game itself. Which is irony; very disturbing irony.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

jburneko

Raven,

Doing Ravenloft is EASY.  Strahd is such a Leather-Fetish-Goth-Geek-Stalker-Boy!

Oh and Tatayanna?  Definitely a No-Means-Yes girl there.

Yes, it's disturbing.

Jesse

James V. West

You folks are sick. Anal stage bastards...

Hell, I might just Elf "Crash on Volturnus" to see what kind of messed up experience that would be.

Rod Anderson

Any chance I could talk you into doing 'Tamoachan', James? I still think it would be fun for multiple people to do their own takes on the same module, and compare notes afterward.

If not, I'll just post my 'Tamoachan' notes sometime next week, methinks.

Rod

James V. West

I'd be willing to do it, but I'd have to get a copy of that module first and it would probably be a few weeks before I'd actually get to it ;-)

Plus I still need to fully digest the Elfs rules (no Anal Stage jokes intended)

joshua neff

Cool, thanks, Jesse. And yes, I think Elfs Ravenloft would be HIGHlarious.
--josh

Mike Holmes

I got all the modules, man. Hell, I have an original copy of "Tamochan" from the con at which it was the Tourrnament module (manilla folder of photocopied stuff). The Village of Omlett has seen better days, but it's there. Who doesn't have "Tomb"? Ravenloft 1 and 2.

But the "piece of resistance" has got to be the giant/drow/lolth series which I have in full. Could play that series until the cows come home.

Aw, but Josh, you just cancelled this weeks session. Guess it'll all have to wait...

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

joshua neff

Oh! I ran through the giant modules way back when. Skipped the next series, though, for some reason. But the Lolth module..."Queen of the Demon Web" or some other pulpy title like that, wasn't it? I loved that one. Mostly it was the maze set-up of the dungeon, & the weird gateways to alternate worlds. Way, way cool.

Hmmm..."Elfs" take on the Drow. I like it, I like it.
--josh