News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Faster, Better, Cheaper is Back!

Started by xiombarg, February 14, 2003, 02:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiombarg

As a break (and to clear my palete, as it were) from Unsung, I finally incorporated Mike's playtest comments into Faster, Better, Cheaper.

Everyone, new and old, please check it out and let me know what you think:

http://ivanhoeunbound.com/fbc2.html

For those that remember the old version, I added a game-mechanical effect for Faster, made the overall system slightly more Pool-like, and cleared up a few points, including how to handle PC vs. PC conflict and GMC vs. GMC conflict.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

James V. West

Kirt

I finally got to read through your game. Excellent! A great example of a game based on a simple "truthism".

I'm particularly impressed with some of your discussion of how and when things should happen. Reading it made me think about my own games and how that I take so much for granted, such as how much detail a player should give prior to a die roll (speaking of both The Pool and TQB). Since I'm still working on a full write-up of TQB, this will provide some food-for-thought.

Very cool.

xiombarg

Thank you!

Quote from: James V. WestI'm particularly impressed with some of your discussion of how and when things should happen. Reading it made me think about my own games and how that I take so much for granted, such as how much detail a player should give prior to a die roll (speaking of both The Pool and TQB). Since I'm still working on a full write-up of TQB, this will provide some food-for-thought.
It's interesting that you should mention that, because the original Faster, Better, Cheaper was heavily influenced by a "Fortune in the Middle" discussion quite some time ago that came about, largely, due to The Pool. I realized during the discussion I hadn't understood Fortune-in-the-Middle, as implied by The Pool and sorta by Sorcerer, and so when I wrote a game using it, I wanted to be extra-clear on how it worked, as most gamers are used to the "roll to hit -- hit" style of Fortune.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

James V. West

Quote from: xiombargIt's interesting that you should mention that, because the original Faster, Better, Cheaper was heavily influenced by a "Fortune in the Middle" discussion quite some time ago that came about, largely, due to The Pool. I realized during the discussion I hadn't understood Fortune-in-the-Middle, as implied by The Pool and sorta by Sorcerer, and so when I wrote a game using it, I wanted to be extra-clear on how it worked, as most gamers are used to the "roll to hit -- hit" style of Fortune.

You wouldn't happen to know where that thread is, would you? I may not have seen it.