News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Drought of Refersing Rain

Started by cusidhe, February 20, 2003, 04:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cusidhe

Greetings all,

First time poster, long time lurker.  I have been followingthe development of four willows weeping's game Refreshing Rain for some time.  I have noticed that little has come out recently and I was wondering if that was due to abandonment or other issues or is it finished?  I was just curious, I really enjoy looking at what is available so far and the systems used, which confused me at first, were cleared up after an example, really opened my eyes to the fact that RPG can be more than dice rolling or diceless.

Thanks.

Cason Snow

Shreyas Sampat

Hi there,

There have been a couple of reasons for the slow updates on RR, mainly the fact that I tend to tear out a system and rebuild it every time I pick the game up, often the Sky.  I've also ben having computing difficulties, so I post less often recently than I used to.

At the moment I'm thinking of an alternative resolution mechanic involving Ma Jiang hands rather than individually scored tiles, something like Dust Devils does.

I'll write up a little update soon and post on it.  Until then, I suggest we take the RR talk to private message.