News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Howdy All. New Guy with Some Martial Stuff Experience

Started by Jon the Bastard, February 23, 2003, 03:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon the Bastard

I just love TRoS.   If only I could convince the D&D players I game with to let me run a game.   Or hell, play a game.   TRoS really appeals to my martial side.   Just so you guys know, I've got pretty broad Martial experience (broad, not deep).   I've got some Infantry training under my belt, longsword (mostly Germanish), too many years of Shotokan Karate, a few years of Jujitsu, few years of Tae Kwon Do, been in a couple streetfights, and near constant sibling battles (got two broken noses that way).   So yeah, I like TRoS for it's fast and realistic combat.   I also love it's no B.S. approach to the realities of fighting, i.e., its something most sane people should avoid like the plague.   I'm currently jonesing to play a Harn campaign with Riddle rules.   I love the detail of Harn, and combined with the easy rules of TRoS, I believe I could conquer the globe.   Or at least my gaming group.   If they weren't so fixated on 2nd Ed. D&D, I'm sure they'd love it.  
    On my off time, I'm writing up some rules for more detailed Hand to Hand combat rules.   Just a collections of techniques, really.   The goal is to be able to run a streetfighting competition much like UFC or UFC Pride.   Something where the really important things about a fist fight are revealed: aggression and endurance.
         -Jon the Bastard

Salamander

Quote from: Jon the BastardI'm currently jonesing to play a Harn campaign with Riddle rules.   I love the detail of Harn, and combined with the easy rules of TRoS, I believe I could conquer the globe.   Or at least my gaming group.   If they weren't so fixated on 2nd Ed. D&D, I'm sure they'd love it.
         -Jon the Bastard

Spartan may be able to help out in this arena, he is currently doing HARN Master Gold using TRoS Combat.
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

Spartan

Quote from: SalamanderSpartan may be able to help out in this arena, he is currently doing HARN Master Gold using TRoS Combat.

Not quite! :)

Durgil is currently blending HM and TROS (last time I checked), and I'm running two Harn campaigns, one using TROS and the other HMG.  I'm currently hashing out HM-TROS magic...  I've had to divide the Vagaries into the convocations and alter a few things... next to no "lift" in the Movement Vagary, f'rinstance.

Now if only I could figure out what the heck to do with priest rituals/miracles and psionics...

-Mark
And remember kids... Pillage first, THEN burn.