Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 10:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 158 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Lefthandedness  (Read 3283 times)
arxhon

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2003, 09:36:20 PM »

And all those things like safeties and magazine release are set up for righties too

As i learned from paintball...i kept putting the safety back on while i was trying to shoot people.
spunky

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2003, 12:52:55 AM »

Quote from: arxhon
While on the topic of lefthandedness: in the animal kingdom, there is an even split between left and right side dominance, in humans, left side dominance happens in only 9% of the population. There seems to be no explanation...

On the other hand, four of the five designers of the original Macintosh computer were left-handed. What this proves is up to you. :-)

The central difference between human and "animal" (somewhat absurd as humans are animals) is the human use use language, and thus abstract thought.  Both are left brain(right hand) activities.  The dominance of the right hand may have been an evolutionary side-effect of the brain's language centers.

As for the right brain, it controls spacial perception.  Very appropriate for designers who wanted to create a non linear, icon based OS, as opposed to good old DOS.

Exterminate all rational thought.
                  ---Wm. S. Burroughs
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: