News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Lefthandedness

Started by Fallen_Icarus, February 12, 2003, 04:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxhon

QuoteAnd all those things like safeties and magazine release are set up for righties too

As i learned from paintball...i kept putting the safety back on while i was trying to shoot people.

spunky

Quote from: arxhonWhile on the topic of lefthandedness: in the animal kingdom, there is an even split between left and right side dominance, in humans, left side dominance happens in only 9% of the population. There seems to be no explanation...

On the other hand, four of the five designers of the original Macintosh computer were left-handed. What this proves is up to you. :-)

The central difference between human and "animal" (somewhat absurd as humans are animals) is the human use use language, and thus abstract thought.  Both are left brain(right hand) activities.  The dominance of the right hand may have been an evolutionary side-effect of the brain's language centers.

As for the right brain, it controls spacial perception.  Very appropriate for designers who wanted to create a non linear, icon based OS, as opposed to good old DOS.
Exterminate all rational thought.
                 ---Wm. S. Burroughs