News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Expulsion

Started by GreatWolf, March 07, 2003, 11:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but I am confused by the expulsion maneuver.  If I'm reading it correctly, on a successful defense, the individual performing the expulsion inflicts a -1 CP penalty (per success in the margin) against his opponent for his opponent's next attack, if it is a thrust.  However, does this make any sense?  If the defense is successful, shouldn't the individual doing the expulsion gain the initiative and therefore be attacking?  Can someone enlighten me?

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Jake Norwood

I got you, Seth.

The expulsioner does gain the initiative, and the thruster has just lost some CP. Here's you post:
Quote...on a successful defense, the individual performing the expulsion inflicts a -1 CP penalty (per success in the margin) against his opponent for his opponent's next attack, if it is a thrust.

And here's me re-writing your post so that it's right:
Quoteon a successful defense, the individual performing the expulsion inflicts a -1 CP penalty (per success in the margin) against his opponent for his own next attack, if it is a thrust.

I hope that helps. This stuff can be hard to explain!

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

GreatWolf

Lightbulb.  Thanks, Jake.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Enoch

Heh, I ran into a differant kind of problem with Expulsion.  I have no clue what its supposed to be.  What does it look like?  I didn't use it in my more recent game because I didn't know how to explain it.

-Joshua
omnia vincit amor
The Enclave

toli

I always imagined it as a sort of hard (as in strong, not difficult) parry.  He swings, you smack his sword out of the way good and hard so it makes it more difficult for him to parry in return....

NT
NT

Jake Norwood

actually it's a really soft parry... as he thrusts in you thrust back, displacing your hilt towards his blade so that you hit him while he's still thrusting at you. It's a kind of thing seen modern sport fencing very often, and that's where I took the name.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant