News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Second Edition or Supplement

Started by Matt Gwinn, January 16, 2003, 01:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

I've gotten back to work on Kayfabe and have run into a conflict.

I'm trying to deside whether or not to do a supplement or a second edition of the game for GENCON.  My original plan was to do a supplement, but there are a number of clairifications I'd like to make concerning the original rules that are better suited to be included in the original sorce material.

Doing a second edition make sthe most sense to me, but I always hate when a game does a second edition only a year after the first edition.  My primary concern is to ensure current Kayfabe owneds don't feel they're being ripped off having to by the game twice.

If I do a supplement it will be 24 to 32 pages and be PDF only (for now).  If I do a second edition it will be 64 pages and I will have print copies for GENCON.

Anyone have any suggestions?

,Matt Gwinn
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Jason L Blair

Matt,

Where's the conflict? The supp would be PDF-only and a 2d Ed would be print, right? Why not do both?
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Todd Bogenrief

Hi there I'll speak up,

Well, as an owner of your game (bought it from you at GenCon last year), If the price was equivalant, I wouldn't feel ripped off on a second edition, and rules clarification are always a good thing.  Sadly, I haven't really gotten a chance to play the game much, since no one in my group has been up for it, but I'll keep on mentioning it when they ask what game I want to play/run :)
-Todd "Bogie" Bogenrief

Matt Gwinn

I've finalized my plans for the next printing of Kayfabe.  The next print run (for GENCON) will have an additional 16 pages of material including a couple new pieces of art.  

For those of you who already own Kayfabe, I will be offering the additional 16 pages on my web site as a PDF.

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com