News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Live Action Role Play

Started by ThunderCheetah, February 09, 2003, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alambr1

Hey All,

Since I was coming to the forum to post LARP information I thought I would post a few things in this thread.

Caitlin, I played NERO For 5 yrs and have a level 40 PC.  After level 12 there's *nothing* left in the game.  The original mechanics were designed so players should be permanently dead by level 8, but NERO found out people who's main character's permed were 96% likely to quit...so they changed the rules on dying now they have charcters ranging from lvl 1 to 60. When you know you can defeat anything plot throws at you that's with in the rules, the magic is gone. The only reason I frequented the game after my first year was to see the friends I had there from out of states, IL/OH/MI.

After my second year of NERO I started to formulate my own LARP.  If any of you are interested in attending our first event is this Sunday, a 1-Day so its probably not feasible on short notice.  However, we also have a weekend event coming up, March 21 to 23.

Our rules are listed on our website {NERO you gotta pay $20 for a rule book that'll fall apart after 6 months} along with chapter information, directions from Cinci and Lexington.  

http://www.akashia.org/KYmain.htm

Thanks and if you choose to stay with NERO good luck ;)

-Rachel
Feel free to IM me, though I cant respond until 5pm EST