News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Nine Worlds art

Started by Matt Snyder, March 07, 2003, 03:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

OK, folks, some artwork is coming in, and I can't help but share. It really gets me excited about this game again. Check it out, these pics are amazing:

Nine Worlds art samples page

Big thanks to Chris Martinez and Eric Lofgren for their excellent art!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Spooky Fanboy

Cool!

So, when do we see the game itself, or at least a page devoted to it on your website?
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Matt Snyder

I'm working on a website now, off and on. It will incorporate elements of the art. Also, I've really simplified the mechanics -- they had become dizzyingly complicated, from the player's perspective particularly. After getting Avatar-13 into playtest, I'm back to the grind on Nine Worlds. I hope to have a Web site for in a couple weeks. I'll keep posting notes, snippets, and visuals here in the mean time.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Spooky Fanboy

QuoteAlso, I've really simplified the mechanics -- they had become dizzyingly complicated, from the player's perspective particularly.

It certainly seemed that way when you originally described them. Good. I agree with Jared that simpler is better. But then, I'm more of an English major than a math major, so I would say that. ;-) So, you were able to playtest it and thin out the rules?

QuoteI hope to have a Web site for in a couple weeks. I'll keep posting notes, snippets, and visuals here in the mean time.

I look forward to seeing more.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!