News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Just got and read Donjon...

Started by heldenhammer, March 18, 2003, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heldenhammer

... based on cruising the anvilwerks site and reading some reviews on rpg.net. It looks like a cool game. I'm a sucker for nifty game mechanics. My current task is convincing my group to try it out.

Not to be too much of a mootch, but is there an update on the Donjon Master's Screen? I was contemplating writing up a quick cheatsheet of rules for my tired old brain but then I saw it mentioned as "coming soon"

Either way, as soon as I run a session or two, I'll write it up and post it here.

-Rob L.

Colin the Riot

And the artwork is fantastic, isn't it?
Colin Theriot,
a.k.a. Teh Clawring Crabe

dunlaing

Quote from: heldenhammerMy current task is convincing my group to try it out.

I suggest pointing them to the Donjon web page and giving them a quick run-down of what Donjon's all about. It shouldn't take much more than that. In my limited experience, it's far from being a tough sell.

As for the Donjon Master Screen, I made one for myself from the pdf, but I am hesitant to give it out because:

1) it's a big file since I printscreened it and pasted it into Photoshop
2) the tables are small because I like small print; and
3) it's Sr. Nixon's intellectual property, not mine

heldenhammer

Yeah, I sent them all a link to the Donjon site. My group includes a couple of rules-phobic players and one woman who will pretty much play anything, except diceless RPGs. I told her Donjon was the opposite.

In fact, I went out and bought every 20-sided die in my local game store!

heldenhammer

Quote from: Colin the RiotAnd the artwork is fantastic, isn't it?

The art is pretty great. I especially like the Mushroom King. ;)

And I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the screen layout version.

-Rob L.