News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

OBAM Press Release

Started by Jake Norwood, March 14, 2003, 05:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jürgen MayerCan you tell us what finally made it into OBaM? Or was this already posted somewhere?

Uh.. I think this may have been mentioned somewhere, but briefly..

Beasts
and
Men

Does that help? :-)

Sorry. Err, ok. The requested generic NPC's from all walks of life (more than 30 I think; Guardsmen, Assassins, Shopkeepers, Mercenaries, Beggars, you get the idea), Ten or so fully fleshed out NPC's/Characters, Animal rules (including hit location tables/diagrams, animal combat maneuvers, pack tactics, mounted combat, jousting rules, barding etc, lots of animals statted up, and more), a Fey section, a Trollspawn section (quite proud of this one), a "Beasts of Legend" section, an Other World section, a Traditional Favourites section (not quite what you may expect), plus some new character rules like gifts/flaws and a new skills package along the way. Plus of course some damn cool artwork, plenty of great stories to introduce the various beasts, and probably some other stuff I forgot.

Quality over quantity was the goal, but I don't think anyone will be complaining about the quantity either.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Sneaky Git

Quote from: Brian LeybourneSorry. Err, ok. The requested generic NPC's from all walks of life (more than 30 I think; Guardsmen, Assassins, Shopkeepers, Mercenaries, Beggars, you get the idea), Ten or so fully fleshed out NPC's/Characters, Animal rules (including hit location tables/diagrams, animal combat maneuvers, pack tactics, mounted combat, jousting rules, barding etc, lots of animals statted up, and more), a Fey section, a Trollspawn section (quite proud of this one), a "Beasts of Legend" section, an Other World section, a Traditional Favourites section (not quite what you may expect), plus some new character rules like gifts/flaws and a new skills package along the way. Plus of course some damn cool artwork, plenty of great stories to introduce the various beasts, and probably some other stuff I forgot.

Quality over quantity was the goal, but I don't think anyone will be complaining about the quantity either.

Brian.

Damn you Mr. Leybourne.  *grin*  Taunting us again.  Will our pain never stop?!? (Until May was it...?)

And might I add a [breathless]wow[/breathless] and a [excited]cool[/excited]!  (Nice effect Stephen) I hadn't seen it all laid out like that before.   Really looking forward to the fruits of your labor.

Chris
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

Jake Norwood

Brian-

I think Juergen meant "which submitted entries made it in."

J-
Off the top of my head not many, but your doppelganger did.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI think Juergen meant "which submitted entries made it in."

Ah, sorry. My bad.

Err.. I don't know whose they are in most cases, but these are the submissions I kept:

Doppelganger
Gremlin
Hearn and the Wild Hunt
Swamp Sprites
Yr Tair (The Three Swords)
Infernal Guardian
The Eternal Ones
Walking Dead

And the following NPC's:
Julianos Vainsteel
Tiberius Damarisk
Yssir Abu al Japhra ibn Mukkaf

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Jürgen Mayer

Yup, that's what I wanted to know. I expected that OBaM would contain more submitted material, but of course I'm proud that I made it into the book. Is the deal still that each submitter gets a free copy of the book (and credit, I guess)?

Will you use Fufu's pic (the one with the mirror) for the Doppelgänger (remember the ä if it should be proper Stahlnish... um, German)? He told me that you never got back to him for more artwork...
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Jake Norwood

Crap! I lost his address. I really want to use his stuff, and more of it. Have him email me. I knew I forgot someone!

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Lance D. Allen

Color me thrilled. 3 of those are mine (to include the NPC Tiberius Damarisk).

I'm published! Sorta. My contributions are, anyhow!

::goes off to color himself thrilled::

<mutters> What color is "thrilled" anyhow..?
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: WolfenColor me thrilled. 3 of those are mine (to include the NPC Tiberius Damarisk).
::goes off to color himself thrilled::

Then you'll be even happier to hear that I used Tiberius as the main character in one of the introductory stories I wrote for the book as well :-)

He even lives, unlike most of the subjects of those stories...

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Jake Norwood

Quote from: Brian LeybourneHe even lives, unlike most of the subjects of those stories...

It's true that half the fun of those stories is watching somebody die, because it almost always happens...

Jake

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodIt's true that half the fun of those stories is watching somebody die, because it almost always happens...

What can I say, I'm mean to my characters :-)

AND it highlights just how nasty the world of Weyrth can be for the ill prepared...

Brian.

(edit: Hell, even Jake meets a grizzly end in one of the stories. Heh heh...)
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Rattlehead

Quote from: Brian LeybourneAnd the following NPC's:
Julianos Vainsteel
Tiberius Damarisk

Brian.

WOOHOO!!!! JULES MADE IT IN!!!

HEHEHEHEEEEHEHEEEEE!!!

Man, I'm gonna have soooo many faces to rub that in..... oh yeah bay-bee!!! :-D

And his old friend/rival Tiberius is there too! How cool is that?

Brandon

PS: Congrats on the chargen Brian, I'm gonna have to check that out for sure!
Grooby!

Furious D

Quote from: Brian Leybourne

Doppelganger
Gremlin
Hearn and the Wild Hunt
Swamp Sprites
Yr Tair (The Three Swords)
Infernal Guardian
The Eternal Ones
Walking Dead

And the following NPC's:
Julianos Vainsteel
Tiberius Damarisk

*blink*

Wow, I had almost forgot I submitted things for that book, now I find that a couple of my critters and one of my npcs actually made it in.  Excellent...now if I ever inflict those beasties on players there will be an air of officialness to it all.

*was feeling meanspirited when he wrote up his critter submissions*

Bladesinger

Jake,havn't spoken to you since GAMA,but was able to get more books from dist.  Anyway, glad to see OF Beasts and Men coming. There is a group of your games greatest fans eagerly awaiting its arrival. Oh and don't pay to much attention to Rattlehead....his head will get unbearably large and rattle alot . Hey wait a minute .....that's it......the Great Northern Articulated Stahlnish Rattlehead....a huge hidious beast of questionable intellect and terrible diposition....it has been known to lay waste to the whole country side in its never ending search for boiled halibut and fricasede ,whipped pomagrate suflay........LOL just kidding, Brandon is good people, just don't say I said so.....that expanding head thing and all that.
BLARG!....................Eddie

Rattlehead

ROFL!!! And all this time I thought it was just my hats shrinking...... hehe.

Brandon
Grooby!

Draigh

Eddie's right...
I've known Brandon for years.... Back in the olden days we used to call him Rumblehat, that is, before we knew about his "condition".
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.